
Our celebrations started on Friday with a little mini party for Ty's 30th birthday party. His birthday was really on Sunday but since we were going to be out of town, we had our own little party here. He is on this big preparedness kick/anything camping kick and so I got him a 10-in-1 transmitter. It has a cell phone charger, AM/FM radio, flashlight, alarm signal and a bunch of other bells and whistles that he just can't stop playing with. And than I gave him some money to get a water purifier. I need to start getting more creative with birthdays for him because I don't know what to do for a cake substitute! 
Than Saturday we took off for Laguna Beach, CA to spend the weekend with Ty's amazing Aunt and Uncle. It is always such a treat to be able to go visit them, not just because they live on the beach but because we have the best conversations and I leave them feeling smarter than when I arrived. They are an amazing examples of genuineness (is that a word?) generosity. Sat. started with a little shopping spree at Babys R Us, and than chilling at Borders, and than games at night...it was fun!
Sunday we went to church and drove around the area looking at some of the cutest cottage style homes. Than we went and saw the new Indiana Jones movie...it was entertaining and they did a good job keeping the adventure and humor of Indie but there is a part of the story line that I could have done without (it went a little on the sci-fi side and that is not Indie to me) but overall, good, clean fun!
We came home on Monday and it was quite the adjustment to go from lush green CA to brown dusty Yuma and to open our windows and not hear the ocean near by but in a week we will be off to Florida for The Manning Family Reunion and that will be a blast! 
P.S. Sunday morning we woke up and went out on the patio and long and behold, there were four dolphins making an appearance and wishing Ty Happy Birthday! 
If you click on the photo, you see the dorsal fin of one of the dolphins...this was one of the highlights of the trip for me!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Our Weekend!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
9:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Oh my gosh!!!! What a view, what a trip, what a house, what a birthday, what cool aunt and uncle, and dolpins to top it off!!! I can hardly wait to see the ocean again in a few months (and mountains and vistas and family, etc. etc. etc.) Glad you had such a great birthday week-end.
What a fantastic trip! We had fun camping, but I think I would have gladly left the tent at home for a weekend in CA. Wish Ty a happy bday for us and have a fun trip to FL.
by the way, I'm with you on the Indie thing. The sci-fi stuff was kind of hokie!
Welcome to the land of 30 Ty! Happy birthday!
That trip looks amazing. I'm so glad you get to do all these things before the baby comes. How wonderful!
Post a Comment