Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Big 3!


This post is a day late but better late than never...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US!!! We celebrated our three year anniversary yesterday and it was fun to think that we have been married three years and all my plans for when we first got married are all falling into place perfectly! When we got married Ty and I agreed that we would be married three years before we had kids, I would be graduated from college and my mom would be home from her mission. I graduated from college in Aug and was pregnant by the beginning of October. We have been married three years as of yesterday and my due date is in 7 weeks. And my mom gets home from her mission on June 29th and my due date is July 18th. It all worked out perfectly...almost inspired if you ask me!
It has been a great three years and I can't get over how lucky I am to be married to a man like Ty! He surprises me all the time by his integrity, ambition and humility!
I am going to make this post a little bit longer just because I want to document how Ty and I met. I love Our story, it makes me so happy!


It all started back in 2001 when I was going to school at BYU-I. I was walking home from class and I passed my friend, Grant. We chatted briefly and than I continued on. Grant came by my apartment later than day and asked, "Hey did you see that guy that I was walking with on campus?" "I remember there was someone tall but I didn't notice." (Note: This was during my Adam Eastman obsession...my radar was set on him 24/7)Grand: "Oh, his name is Ty Manning and he though you were cute and was asking about you." Me: "Shut up, a tall guy was asking about me? Tell me more." Grant: "He plays basketball and he is super cool. I should hook you guys up sometime." Me: "Sure why not, I would love it!"

Well of course Grant never followed up on it but I was too boy crazy and I wanted to see what this Ty Manning looked like. My friends and I set out on Operation Find Ty Manning. I looked him on stalker net (yes, I stalked him) and found out that he lived just across the parking lot from me. Two of my girlfriends and I got all dolled up (as much as you can in Rexburg, ID) in our cutest outfits and went searching for Ty. Our alibi was that we were looking for our friend David who lived in the same complex as Ty (conveniently he lived right across the hall from Ty, but we were playing dumb for the time being). We knocked on Ty's door and his roommate answered. We asked him if he knew where David (of course we already knew) and his roommate said, "I'm not sure...Hey Ty, do you where this David guy lives?" Ty comes out from his bedroom and says, "Across the hall." That was it. I got my glimpse of him and than never heard of him again (remember I was on Adam radar, I was very boy crazy but that craziness was directed in only one direction at the time).

Now fast forward three years to 2004. I am freshly home from my mission and back at school at BYU-I. I'm dating around but not really interested in anyone (frankly for the first time in my life boys were the last thing on my mind...shocking I know)!

I came home one night and my friend said, "Hey some tall guy stopped looking for you but said that you don't him and he doesn't know you but he knows your sister Jamie and she sent him over." I was baffled and immediately emailed my sister to find out who this mysterious tall guy was and why she was sending strange guys over to my place. Her email basically said that he was a guy she knew when she lived in Georgia that previous summer and he was roommates with her fiance at the time (now my brother in law, Abe) and she was shocked that he even remembered because it was so long ago. His name is Ty Manning. I was in the library when I read this and I just about died and had to really control my reaction because there was no way this was the same Ty Manning that I stalked three years earlier?!?! But it was and he had to stalk me on stalker net to find out where I lived...it was just too perfectly ironic. A few nights later I come home totally hyper from a friend's house and out of my apartment comes Ty and his cousin. I of course already knew who he was (he had no idea that we had already met three years earlier...it was fun to have the on him for a short time). I don't know what came over me but we talked in the parking lot for like a half hour and I was so hyper and out of control I was for sure that I freaked him out because I was talking a mile a minute and bouncing all over the place. I didn't think I would see him again after that because he was dating an older girl in Georgia and I did not act like a mature older woman that night.

But come Halloween night, I was coming home from my ward's Halloween party dressed up as my made up super hero, Mullettron (yes, I had a mullet wig on that I cut myself) and there was Ty coming out of my apartment again. I wanted to die, this was the worst timing possible. He saw me (I was trying to hide behind my car door) and he just died laughing, and than I couldn't stop laughing and that was it. We started hanging out, he asked me to be on his intermural (sp?) bowling team, even though they already had enough people on the team (he is so sly) and than came Thanksgiving. We weren't dating at the time, just hanging out, and he was going to stay in Rexburg for the holiday and I don't know what came over me but I asked if he wanted to come home with me for Thanksgiving. The thought of being along in Rexburg for Thanksgiving was so depressing. But this was so unlike me at the time, I was so certain that I didn't want to date anyone at the time and than here I go inviting some guy to my house. This is when he decided to end things with his girly friend in Georgia and came home with me. It was during this trip that we decided to start dating! And the rest is history! I mean, who ever thought that you could meet your future husband and catch his attention, for the better, dressed as Mullettron?

Eventually I told Ty about how I stalked him three years earlier and he vaguely remembers the incident but he thought it was hilarious and only appropriate with the rest of our story, and I couldn't agree more!

9 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Birthday Ty! Happy Anniversary to you both! Your story is darling... I love it!

Dawnelle Anderson said...

I love the Halloween outfit!!! I remember the stalking days in high school. Oh the memories. I also remember coming to your wedding reception in Mill Creek Canyon. I loved your flowers. I even planted them in my yard. They are a little behind because we had so much snow, but I hope they turn out like your bouquet.

Ju said...

I love this story!! It sounds exactly like you :o) It made me laugh out loud a few times! I love Mulletron! I totally forgot about stalker net!!! Ha, so great, can't even say how many time I used that thing... haha.

Delia D'Nell said...

Jill and TY, you both are great. Thank for letting me be a part of your wedding...and your continuing life together! Jilly I love your stinkin guts!

Anonymous said...

A match made in Heaven!!! We are blessed to have you as our daughter and to have Ty as our son (in-law - what a silly term)!!! Love MOM

Christie said...

That story is awesome. I'm so happy you posted it! Happy Anniversary.

The Blakes said...

Happy 3rd! I love ALL the pictures!

Beka said...

happy anniversary! we love you guys, so cute and perfect together! couldnt ask for a better TALL couple! loved reading the story!

Laurel said...

I feel like I just read a really great readers-digest-modern Jane Austen story.
Could you 2 be any cuter or any more perfect?