Monday, May 12, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth!


So, I got back Saturday night after spending a few days with my sister Ange and her family at Disneyland!! It has been a good 20 years since I have been to Disneyland I am not sure who was more excited to be there, my 4 year old niece or me! I of course forgot my camera but as soon as I can get some of the pics that my sister took, I will post them! Here were some of the highlights for me:
-I got to see Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Tinkerbell, Mary Poppins, Mickey, Minnie, the Fairy God Mother, Tigger, Pooh, Eyore, Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, Pluto, Chip N Dale and Alice in Wonderland.
-Hannah (my niece) was kind of acting up at breakfast and her parents asked her, "Hannah if you don't behave we will just go back to the hotel and hang out with Aunt Jill and not go to Disneyland. What do you want to do, go to Disneyland or go back with Aunt Jill?" Hannah said, "Hang out with Aunt Jill!" She chose me over Disneyland, she had me wrapped around her finger from that point on!
-Ange and I were walking down Main Street with Hannah in between us holding out hands and out of the blue Hannah lets go of our hands and starts pretending like she is dialing numbers on her palm (like her hand is a cell phone) and than puts her palm to her ear and starts talking to someone. I asked her who she was talking to and she said, "Peter Pan."
-The Parades. They have a new Pixar parade at California Adventure that was so cute and fun. And than we saw the classic parade in the park and got to see Tinkerbell, Peter Pan all the Princesses and some of the other classic characters. I won't lie, I started to cry. Luckily I was wearing sun glasses so no one could see but I just loved the whole thing!
-Hannah was a rock star at the parades...I think it is her curly hair but Alice, from Alice in Wonderland, spent the whole time talking to Hannah and asking about her Alice in Wonderland birthday party that she just had. Characters were constantly stopping and waving at her...and I am sure that her blowing kisses to everyone didn't hurt at all. She was sitting on my lap which made me feel pretty cool too. I had the goofiest grin on my face the whole time, it was awesome!
-No big surprise here, the Peter Pan ride is by far the best ride in the whole park! Granted I couldn't go on the more extreme rides, but seriously, what a great ride!
-The Buzz Lightyear ride comes in a close second. I shared a car with Hannah and she just wanted to turn the car in full circles the whole time and could care less about shooting the bad guys so I had to try to fight the bad guys while rotating like I was on the tea cups...it was hilarious!
-When we went to see the Princesses, Hannah would run full speed into each and everyone of them. She knocked Princess Aurora over. Snow White was by the sweetest and spent the most time with her! She even came looking for Hannah before she had to go backstage so that she could say goodbye to her.
-Before we left the park on our last day, we watched Fantasmic and it was awesome! My all time favorite part was at the end with the famous steam boat went by and all (or at least I think all) the characters were on it waving and dancing! Again, I got a little chocked up! I could blame it on the hormones but let's be honest, it wasn't!
That is all I can think of right now but I will keep thinking and post my other favorite moments with the pictures! I can't wait to go back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left my comments on Ang's blog. Glad you had fun!! I hadn't heard from you so I was getting worried, but now I know you are home safe and all is well.

Dawnelle Anderson said...

Sounds like you had a fun time. I love Disneyland.

Chelsea said...

Oh, that sounds like heaven!

Elaine said...

Hey Jill, I still cry at parades, at Disneyland, at store openings and almost anything that makes me feel happy. You're OK. I know because I now know that we are alike. I even cried reading your post and remembering Disneyland. Now how lame is that? It was such fun to read about your trip...aunt larrie