
Okay, so in spirit of my new obsession I had to comment that this Monday, May 14, is National Apron Wearing Day. It is the day to get out your aprons and wear them wherever you go..make it a fashion statement. Will I actually do this, probably not seeing that I don't even own a single apron...but I love the idea of it. I have been browsing various blogs of women who have truly embraced their aprons and there are some creative women out there. The era of wearing aprons around the house and on the pourch while sipping lemonade (okay there is a better chance that I will be sipping on Diet Coke with a lemon) while the kids are playing the yard that is lost, so I am going to revive it in my own home. Now I just have to get one...one step at a time right? I love this picture because I can totally see me getting old and sitting around with my apron on (when I get one) and cross stitching to my hearts content. If anyone wants to join me in 50 years, you are all welcome...just make sure you bring your apron, crafts and a good supply of Diet Coke. I'm sure in 50 years I will still love me some Diet Coke.
Saturday, May 12, 2007
National Apron Wearing Day
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
4:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Call me when you go to JoAnn's. I'll make an apron with you and we'll be on our way to Pleasantville before you know it!
I LOVE aprons too Jill! In fact, I found the coolest website for fabric and was just thinking yesterday that I wanted to make an apron. I have one apron and I washed it the other day for the first time...all the buttons fell off and the ribbon was all tangled at the bottom of the washer. Quality I tell ya. So here is that website in case you are interested
www.fashionablefabrics.com
Look under manufacturer and then Free Spirit Fabrics. I'm in love. If only I could sew a little better.
And hey, crafty girl, what crafts are you into? There are a million things I want to do too, but never do. Or I start something but never finish it. We should start a club, and make aprons for our first project and then wear them to the club meetings! Dang, I'm full of good ideas!
okay, that was a really long comment. Sorry!
Hey Christie, I totally dig the whole crafty club idea and making aprons for our first meeting...maybe a club will help me finish all the crafts that I have started and have yet to finish. Another fabric designer that I am in love with is Michael Miller, I will use his stuff for my next quilt. Thanks for the suggestion for the fabrics, I will check it out!
Can I reserve my spot with you on the porch now? I am with you on the crafty projects. I have a million started and another million brewing in the back of my mind...the problem is finishing them and trying not to forget the ones I want to start! I need my own craft room....hmmm...
Ok, Jill. You'll be so proud of me (or maybe you'll laugh that I actually did it), but I wore an apron to work today! Hee hee hee!
See, I went to Hawaii a couple weeks ago, and I got an apron there that looked like the front of a cute little halter-top sundress. So I wore that over another dress.... so cute!
And a little bit weird.
Post a Comment