So we are back from our vacation to Monterey, CA and it was amazing! Which makes it that much harder to be back at home doing laundry and writing out this weeks grocery list. We left on Thursday and stopped over night with Ty's aunt and unlce in Laguna Beach, CA. THey just built the most beautiful home right on the beach and so it was a great way to start our vacation. Friday was Ty's birthday so we went to breakfast with them and had a little birthday bash on their balcony with crashing sea waves in the background. Than we took off for Monterey. We got there kind of late so we just had dinner and than crashed for the night. Sat we got up early and went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and saw their million gallon aqaurium with sharks, sting rays and huge beautiful fish. We got to touch a sting ray too...they feel awesome, their skin is very soft and velvetie. We watched the sea otters and I decided that I want one. They had a whole jellyfish exhibit that was amazing and it was cool to see all the different types of jellyfish...Heavenly Father had alot of fun creating those things.
After that we had lunch on cannery row and walked to Fishermans Warf. We sat on the beach and wondered how little kids could be playing in the water when it was 60 degrees outside and the water was probably 50 degrees if not colder...brrrrrr!!
We started walking along the coast line and searched for cool sea shells in the tide pools. This was probably out most favorite thing to do...we ended up doing this everyday for like 3 hours each time. We came home with some awesome treasures. Sunday we went to church and than drove the 17 mile drive which covers the coast line, Pebble Beach Golf Club, amazing mansions and Carmel. Carmel was fun to walk around and play on the beach. We ended up drooling over the homes in the area.
That night we went to see Pirates of the Carribean. I thought it was really good...Ty ended up falling asleep half way through. How he could fall asleep during that movie I will never know...but he must have been really tuckered out. Monday was our 2 year wedding anniversary so we went to the Carmel Mission and toured around there and than went to a winery. I know, we are not wine drinkers at all but you can't deny that vineyards are beautiful and it was kind of cool to learn about and plus...it was free!
Than we combed the beach for a while. We found some huge waves and wanted to climb on some rocks to get a better view. We were up there for a while and in the mean time the tide came in and we ended up having to wade knee deep to get back to the beach which is not easy as it may seem. I'm sure we looked like we drank one too many glasses of wine at the winery in the process.
That night we had a great anniversary dinner at a little hole in the wall resturant by our hotel which actually had some really good seafood. Than yesterday was spent driving 11 hours to get home. We had a blast and are convinced that we need to live by the ocean. Ty fell in love with Monterey and said last night as we were falling asleep, "I want to live in Monterey." VICTORY! I won't ever object!
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Our Memorial Day Weekend!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
9:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
i loved your post. you made me feel like i was there. I want to go there so badly. how was the beach house? did you see it? i love the pics.
What a wonderful vacation! The pictures are awesome. I especially like the one with you looking out at the ocean...beautiful picture! I'm so glad you had fun!
Fun girl! Happy Birthday Ty, and happy anniversary you two!
Seriously great pictures! It's so hard to find a cameraman on vacation, but you did well! Glad you had such a great time.
Happy Anniversary!
Wow! What a great vacation! How beautiful! It makes me want to visit myself!
I wish I were there. It sounds great. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Love them!
Falling asleep during Pirates?!? Unbelievable! It was such a fun movie. There may have been a couple parts that left me a bit confused, and thus wanting to watch it again to figure them out, but man, it was exciting!
Post a Comment