Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Yummy!


It is a good thing that my husband has a kajillian food allergies because I would be at the store buying all the ingredients to make this delicious looking piece of heaven. I don't feel like I could make this just for myself and not feel 100% guilty afterwards. Though that would be a good reason to invite friends over and just gab and look at adorable babies. Here is the recipe in case any of you want to make it and invite your friends over, or share the whole thing with your husbands. Enjoy!

1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food chocolate cake mix
4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut up
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
12 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, coarsely crushed

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Prepare and bake cake mix in two (9-inch) round cake pans as directed on package. Cool in pans 5 min. Invert onto wire racks; remove pans. Cool layers completely.
PLACE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min.
BEAT cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add the whipped topping and cookie crumbs; mix lightly. Place 1 of the cake layers, top-side down, on serving plate; spread with the cream cheese mixture. Cover with the remaining cake layer, top-side up. Spoon glaze over top of cake. Let stand until set. Store in refrigerator.

5 comments:

The Blakes said...

I don't necessarily want to make it, but I would love to eat it! How's that for lazy?

Beka said...

please invite me over when you make that beauty!

Angela said...

I can't bring myself to make it and there is two of us. It does look good. yum!

Christie said...

Heavenly. That's all I have to say. :)

julie (jane's apron) said...

I've made that cake at least 10 times...everybody wants it for their birthday!