Sunday, August 24, 2008

Home Sweet Home 4.0


I love this picture. She looks so sweet and just so safe in her tight swaddle and in the arms of her daddy.
Well, we are officially moved into our home in Chandler and most the boxes are empty and most of the rooms are set up and I couldn't be more excited to be back in the valley. Sure our house needs a little work (the garage door, garbage disposal, sprinkler system don't work and half the house cools off when the A/C is on) but it is in a great location and is the perfect size for us.
Already, we have had dinner with some of our good friends in Mesa and I took Elsie with me to Apron Night on Thursday and it felt like I never left being with the girls again. And I am in back in just in time to celebrate our one year anniversary, what a fun year it has been!
The move went good, thanks to some amazing friends in Yuma who came over and helped me pack up. Emotionally I was spent by the time we left Yuma (with being a new mommy and trying to pack up the house and recovering from the c-section) and the extra help was such a blessing!

I think Elsie has had the easiest time adjusting to the move (can't you tell?) and Marley has had the hardest time out of all of us. Poor dog, she wouldn't go in the backyard for days without Ty and I being with her and she still can't be left alone in a room.
Friday was the last day of my 6 week recovery period so the first thing I did on Sat was go for a run and it felt really good to get out. I didn't go far and I didn't go fast but with time I will be back into the groove of things and I will get my body back to how it was. I can't believe how much I missed running.
Well, life is good and we are so happy to be back in the valley and closer to amazing friends and family.

She smiled at me for the first time today...when she was wide awake and totally alert! I made me so happy!!!

7 comments:

Alison said...

what a sweet little girl! welcome home!

Brimhall Designs said...

When you first glance at this picture it almost looks like she is standing up running. I was pretty impressed :)

The Cannons said...

Jill I am so impressed that you are going running already. I didn't exercise for awhile and even then it was just walking. I am just now trying to get back into running (but that's been a 3 year lapse and nothing to do with baby anything). The good thing for you is at least nursing burns like a million calories a day just in case you don't feel like running.
Mitzi

KAT said...

What a sweet baby. I'm glad to hear your move went so well.

Anonymous said...

Oh how we love the photos of our little princess!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! and changing way too fast. I hope we see her soon. I really miss her. Glad to hear you are doing well. Our prayers are with Ty as he begins school next week with work, being a daddy and husband, etc. etc. etc. These are challenging but blessed times for all of our children. We are thinking of you all every hour of the day. Love, MOM

Maren said...

We are so glad your back. You were really missed. We love you Jill!

Ju said...

first smiles are the greatest!! Good luck with the second smile... I always feel like I work my butt off for the second smile :o) Too much fun, and she is so adorable!! :O)