Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A little late but worth the wait!


So, while most the world got their copy of Breaking Dawn on Sat, I had to wait for it to come on Monday and although all I wanted to do was hole myself up in my bed and read the book from start to finish in one day, I had to take breaks to be a mommy. Thanks to little devices like these, I was able to finish the book in peace and love every minute of it.


I am very interested in what everyone thinks of the book. Twilight is still by far my all time favorite of the series, and than New Moon is a close second, it was still very entertaining and worth all the time that I had to wait for it to come out. What do you think of it?
Last Sunday, Ty said that he would stay home with Elsie so that I could go to church and show that I have not gone inactive. It was nice to go and to see friends and just people in general. I loved when I walked into the Young Womens room and four of the girls came running up to me and first asked, "Where is your baby?" And than they asked with the excitement only a 13-14 year old girl could have, "Did you read the book?" I had to quickly tell them that I had not and that they couldn't give anything away. It made me feel very special for some reason...I guess it will always feel good to be considered a friend among young girls, it make you feel so young at heart (which was exactly what I needed after just becoming a mommy).

5 comments:

Alison said...

I agree... being friends with young people does something for the heart.

Me=Old people
You=young people

RatalieNose said...

Jill you ARE young at heart!! I talk to you like I talk to any of my girlfriends!!!! SO OMG YOU FINISHED IT!!!!!!!!!! I DID IT IN 16 HOURS!!!! DO YOU LOVE RENESMEE??? WHAT ABOUT JAKE AND RENESEMEE??? JACESMEE?? DO YOU LOVE THE ENDING??? I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT ALLLLL!!!!

Chelsea said...

I soooo did not see that coming with Jacob. And when it actually happened, well, I have this problem where I don't actually use my brain while I read, so I didn't notice until 50 pages later when Bella found out. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Christie said...

Ugh. Am I going to be kicked off your friend list and blog roll if I say that I just didn't love it? I SO wanted to love it. I sacrificed vital sleep time to love it...and was disappointed. I missed Edward I think. He just wasn't as present as he should have been. I would've loved to have seen him hold and love Renesmee (okay, what's with the name? yuck.). I would've loved to have seen him as a dad, in action. But I did love the part from Jacob's point of view. That was refreshing. Don't hate me!!

But more importantly, Elsie is getting cuter and cuter!! Can't wait to see her in person. When is that going to be? :)

The Cannons said...

So I really liked the 4th book but I had no expectations at all I am kind of more of a casual fan. I kind of wanted Leah and Jacob to fall in love but maybe they would have had too much package and it wouldn't have worked out. I like that Jacob imprinted on "Nessie" because it allowed him to get over Bella already. Jeez. Um so ya that's my story, oh and don't worry I taught a year of high school and a year of junior high and what can I say I loved the attention. I absolutely loved it when the girls were obsessed with me and would come and talk to me all the time. I'm a loser I know. I just miss laughing with my students sometimes. Although I do NOT miss teaching. Being a mom is the best although it is a crazy adjustment.
Mitzi
And your daughter is beautiful and I would stop to look at her.