Sunday, August 10, 2008

One Month Already!


Wow, Elsie is one month old and I have been a mommy for a month...this is just crazy talk!!! She is finally fitting into her new born clothes and is growing in length a lot fast than she is growing wider but its not like we are surprised by this considering who she has for a father. She slept for 7 hours the other night, that was a nice surprise but that was after it took us two feedings, 6 hours and a bottle of formula to get her to fall asleep. I was at my wits ends but she made up for it by letting me sleep for so long. But she is back to sleeping for four hours at a time during the night.
We went to church together for the first time and that was crazy. Just crazy because I couldn't believe that I was walking into church with a car seat and had to spend sacrament meeting in the mother's lounge. Its still hard for me to accept that I am mommy.

We all went to Sams Club together on Friday and that was equally as weird. I told Ty, "Why aren't people stopping and staring and cooing over our baby? She is too cute to pass up?" I know I am a little bias being her mom and all but come one people, she's a superstar!!!
Ty and I are completely obsessed with the Olympics and have already enrolled Elsie in three different events. She will be competing on the US Volleyball team, she will be a swimmer and she will be on the US Rowing team. We make sure she practices everday. She holds onto my finger and I move her arms in a rowing fashion, than switch to practice her serving and than her free style stroke. We practice her kicking as well. She will be a superstar for sure. But don't worry, she will be a piano and cello playing prodigy. The US will fall in love with her!
She is starting to love her baths, can't you tell?


We are trying really hard to get Marley and Elsie to be the best of friends but I don't think it is going so well. Who do you think is hating this picture more?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I miss little Elsie!! Unlike Marley, she is changing so much! I'm sure Marley and Elsie will be best of friends in a short time. The bath pics are great and your China tales were fun to read. Keep the updates coming. Sorry to hear she is being difficult at times, but been there, done that - you will survive. I'm praying for you and Elsie and Ty. MOM

Delia D'Nell said...

I love that most of the pictures Elsie is wrapped up like a snuggly love burrito! She is so adorable. Congratulations on being a Mommy for 1 month already! Wahoo!

jamie said...

congrats on surviving the first month of motherhood. It's still surreal to me that I'm a mom and now I'm adding another to the mix. I hope she is treating you well. :) She sure is darling though, so it's easy to forgive her for whatever she does. ;) Call if you need to talk! xoxo

Scot and Jenny said...

What a beautiful little baby! How fun to be a mommy!

Kim said...

SHE IS SO LONG! she will be tall just like you! yay! She is so beautiful jilly! I hope everything is going well! and I bet you love that the olympics is in CHINA! Talk to ya sooN! :)