Monday, October 27, 2008

Because I have been given much!

Wow, I have a lot to be thankful for! I have been feeling a little down in the dumps lately when really I should be shouting from the rooftops that I am the luckiest girl in the world. I think this yucky feeling had a lot to do with getting used to a new baby and not having my husband around as much as I would like. But life is settling down, Elsie and I have things figured out for the time being and Ty and I sit down in front of our calendar and plan the week out so we know what to expect and I know when I can see him between classes and homework. So far, things are looking up and I am feeling back to normal. But I have to take moment and shout out from my blogging rooftop some of the reason that I am so lucky!!!

1. Ty found this jogging stroller a garage sale and it is in great condition. I did some research on it and found out that it retails for $185 and we got it for $30! YIPEE!!! Now I can go running whenever I want and I don't have to wait for Ty to be home to watch the baby, she can come with me! Though I must say, it is a lot harder running while pushing a stroller than I thought it would be. It will take some getting used to that is for sure.

2. My little niece, Hannah, has her very own email address and after I heard about her great performance during her Primary Program I had to send her a little ecard to say great job. This is the email I got back from her:
Jill,

ggglflf;l;flfkgoiotitto ryuytytutyuuytruttyuy
jkjhkjlkgjljljlkhljh,l,hl,mj,j,l,m
kgmkjmmkjmk,jmkjmj,jm jkj,kmljmkl,mjlkmjl,kmjlk,mlkm.,kkkl,k,l,jk;.,j.k,jk.,j.k,k.k,k. mmjmjlukmljmhkj;kukiukiopuki
mhkhjkkhjjkhjkjhjkhjkjkkkkhiyghjhigyhjifjnydkfjgtjkhfytgijytjijoyjhiytfhjtktgjhikihjgkhjgkghjgjkhgkhjogkhlohkjgkljlkjklj
nm mnkmkbmkhlmnhlbhk mnjlokm,n lj mklnhm jmjknohm jjkjyij
hannah
mom
dad
ella
kvbclvvvvgjikvvvvvbjkikvbjgikjhkjhjkjhikjhjjkjhkjhkjgjhgijhgijhigjhighjgjgihjgoihtighifgjijgihohigohuogupghoghogh ihuigfuogiof ifjg ij ighugi huig ghuihugihuihugih uhi uhgihu ihuiui uihugihuihu i ugi high

This is hannah's message to you. I will translate:

Thanks for the email Jill. I loved all the smiley faces. I will do my best to teach ella the songs I love. Thanks for thinking of me and sending me the email. I love you!

Hannah

This brought a huge smile to my face!!! Thanks Hannah for the quick response!!! She also called the other day and sung the Latter Day Prophets song to me and it was the most adorable thing I have heard in a long time! She is quite the smarty pants!
3. Not only being back in the valley but being back with my Secret Stitch Sisters and meeting with them every week. We laugh, cry, eat, sew, eat some more and just have a blast when we are together. I truly feel so blessed to be associated with these amazing women and have them in my life!
4. Finding this adorable apron pattern that is being ordered for me as we speak!

I can't wait to get my hands on this and go crazy!!!

5. What kind of a mother would I be if I didn't add her to my list? I couldn't have asked for a more perfect little girl. She is so smiley and so happy! I love going in to wake her up and she immediately gives me a huge smile which is the perfect start to my day!
6. One of my best friends from my childhood sent Elsie and I a very generous care package in the mail the other week that her mom and her put together and I was crying the whole time that I unwrapping each item. The most perfect things: they had the most adorable little half aprons for Elsie to wear. They are just too stickin cute and tiny, I will make sure that she wears them with pride!!! I still can't get over how thoughtful that was...they have learned quickly that the quickest way to my heart is through an apron!
Oh I could go on and on, but this is just a start of a very looooooong list! Tis the season to count your blessings right?

6 comments:

Ju said...

It is so smart to count our blessings when we are feeling low. I should do this too!! You are so amazing Jill!! You deserve every blessing in the world!

wandering nana said...

Thank you for reminding me of what I should be grateful for and not what I don't have. Such beautiful thoughts.

Anonymous said...

The Lord loves a cheerful heart, so he for sure must love you!!!! Thanks for the photos. I always cling on to them real tight!!! MOM

The Blakes said...

I always love to make a blessings list. Yours was fun to read!

Jandi said...

I think I need to make a "thankful list" too. Thank you for reminding me how blessed I am.

Alison said...

Rock on! Great post!!!!

And I love, love, love that apron. Too cute.