Saturday, October 4, 2008

Back in the Saddle!!!

It has been a while since I have worked on an apron and I decided that it had been way too long. And what a better weekend to work on one than General Conference weekend. Getting motivated to sew a project has been tough just because I like to be able to have long stretched of time to work on projects, especially when I have to get everything out and set up beforehand. And with having a baby time isn't available to me like it used to be and I have had to get over that...it took some time. But here is what I have been working on.
I was inspired by this apron found at this Etsy shop and thought, "Self, you can do this. You know how to do pleats and this would be a really fun one to try out without having a pattern."

Than I went to Joanns and found this adorable fabric in the home decor section (I just love polka dots) and had to do it. I saw it all perfectly in my head and just had to dive right in and do it. This apron gave me the push I needed to bust out my old friend Hansel (that is the name of my machine..."he's so hot right now") and get creative. Here is what I ended up with:


I love the ties are ribbon and you weave the ribbon through the waist band using grommets...that is ingenious...and I can say that because I didn't think of it one my own. Some people are so stinkin' creative!!
Than, a while back my Secret Stitch Sisters go together and we celebrated our one year anniversary as a sewing/apron loving club and drew names for an apron swap. We all used the same pattern but bought different material. Hobby Lobby sold this fabric combination and I was instantly in love. I mean, pink, chocolate brown, polka dots, paisleys, argyle...what more could a girl ask for? I can't wait to give it to Jen and to receive my very own apron from Maren. I have seen her finished product and I am so excited to be the owner of that masterpiece!! She is so talented and such a great sewer!!!!

So, now I am back into the groove...I'm ready to make some more and to be creative again! Its good to be back!

5 comments:

Missy said...

I love your aprons. You consider selling them?
I don't think it is natural to look that good so quickly after having a baby. Seriously, you look great girl!!

Ju said...

You do look good!! And I too love your aprons! If you ever decide to sell your aprons let me know because I have quite a Christmas list growing here :o) I'm glad you are back in the groove, maybe it will inspire me to get back in the groove to quilt... I still have 2 of the 3 "baby" quilts to make :o)

The Blakes said...

Your talent never ceases to amaze me!

The Cannons said...

That is so awesome. I can't believe you can sew such adorable things. I can't sew at all but you really make me want to. Um I pretty much love the first one but for a skirt. Could you make me one in a size 6? I think that would make the cutest skirt. Call me crazy.
Mitzi
Oh but it does make for an adorable apron too. Oh and just wait until Elsie starts crawling. Sew now!

Scot and Jenny said...

Cute apron! I love it. I have actually got back in to sewing a little too. I have always liked to sew I'm just not very good at it. You do great work!