I know, Halloween is another week away but we had our ward's Halloween party tonight and Ty and I really got into the spirit of it all. I love being married to a man that appreciates Halloween as much as I do. Have I mentioned lately that it is my all time favorite holiday? The original plan was to buy a cow costume for Elsie and Ty and I would be farmers. When I bought the supposed cow costume Ty tells me that it is actually a cat costume. So, Elsie had her cat costume and Ty and I went crazy at Goodwill in search for the perfect costume. Ty put together this masterpiece:
I still can't believe that he found the hat at Goodwill. He had his whole outfit and I told him, "Ty, all you need is one of those old fashioned golf hats with the big pom pom on top." Not even 5 minutes after I said that, did he find the hat! It was inspired.
I than decided to just go looking for anything the inspired me and I found these hideously perfect red gaucho pants and decided that I wanted to be a really bad tourist. So this is what I came up with:
We took off to the ward party and saw tons of adorable costumes. My favorite, an entire family dressed up as Peter Pan characters. They had Peter Pan (their adorable 1 and half year old boy played the part perfectly), Wendy, Captain Hook, Tiger Lily and Tink. I was in love! They had a costume contest and would you believe it, WE WON!
Ty declared that every year we should try to win the costume contest...this is a guy after my own heart I tell ya!
Here are a few of my favorite pics of the night and of my most favorite little kitten:
Is it so horrible that every time I look at this picture I bust up laughing?
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEicCVff3Vn9Wn9_GA7g1kHs73R6wYTp4-gV8YBT0Gpz3S58fN7T251sgaO0ZBD7vVb6dievssHCLsjygOKjKzhkGaY2JRL_Nteo0BbgmcBnjtOV4-dB6d1lAJh8MTBqRbBZv8Bu_ItKLLMH/s1600-h/IMG_0532.JPG">
This is my favorite picture! I can't get enough of those blue eyes.
Friday, October 24, 2008
Elsie's First Halloween
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
11:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
Crying pictures always make me laugh (i am a terrible person). She is a cutie!!! Whatever happened to the mullet wig???
Yes, the mullet wig would have been perfect but you two outdid yourselves this year - really great costumes!! And "Elsie Pie" (my new final nickname for her - don't you love it?) is the cutest kitten ever!!! Congrats on winning the contest. Dal & Addie went to an adults only party while we babysat last night. Their costumes were a hoot thanks to your suggestions about the patient/doctor theme.
Love it!!! Your costumes are great!! I still have yet to go out and get the kids costumes... or make them if I feel inspired. why do I always wait till the last minute?? I'm fired. You guys look great, and that last picture is priceless!!
Great pictures! And congratulations on winning!! That is awesome. You both look hilarious!
Seeing your costumes in person tonight solidified my opinion - Jill, those red shorts are so wrong! (In a way that is so perfect for your costume!) And Elsie is such a cute kitty.
I can't stop laughing. You guys take the cake! Elsie is too cute!
She is so cute!!! and, I must say, you all have some pretty cute costumes.
That is sweet that you won. I love your tourist outfit it's just a little too realistic. Scary. Not of you of course but of sweet old lady tourists. I love Ty's outfit. And of course Elsie looks adorable.
Mitzi
Post a Comment