Oh my goodness, I love girls camp! This past weekend was Girls Camp for our stake and once again I am blown away by all the work and preparation that went into putting this together. And I am equally blown away by how amazing our girls are in our ward. I was blessed to have my birthday up at camp again this year and these girls sure do know how to make a girl feel pretty darn special. Several times people would ask if I was bummed to be up at camp for my birthday and to be honest, I couldn't think of a better place to be. I got to wear a tiara, a sage and got sung to about 5 times that day...it was an all day party for me and I loved it. I was so sad that I couldn't be there for the whole time, I had to get back to school but I am homesick for it and for the girls. We stayed up really late the night I was there playing silly games and I never knew that I would be able to laugh as hard and for as long as I did with girls half my age, they are just amazing girls! It was sweet to watch them from a distance and see them serve each other in little and simple ways. I never really enjoyed Girls Camp growing up for several reasons but being able to go these last two years has seriously made up for it. Stacey mentioned a few things that have not changed about camp even after 10 years and I just want to share my own as well...lots of singing, bugs, stinky bathrooms, sleepless nights, slap happy moments from lack of sleep, crying, drama, the Spirit, crazy but cool leaders (this one is a little bias), apologies, stinky bodies, nasty hair, screaming, skits, and so much more! I will post pictures when I get them. We had a really cute skit too that I think I will try to post just so I can show off how talented our girls are...it was really really cute!
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Jill I am so glad you had a great time at girls camp! I'm like you, when I went to girls camp as a YW I didn't enjoy it...but I think I really would now. I remember all those things about girls camp too. My favorite was singing "Friends We Are..." Do they still sing that?
We do actually. I was dying because it is such a girl thing to do and I didn't think about it until Ty was there and he had to get out of the circle fast because it was too corny for him.
Jill, I love the new header! You are a natural!
NO Christie, Thank you!
jill- i love the new header too! so pretty!
Wow, amazing header!!!! Looks so good.
Post a Comment