
People who know me, know that I have a little wired obsession for aprons. I guess you could say that it was love at first sight. I have so many hopes for my aprons and me. You know, to have an apron for every occasion, to be remembered by my grandkids for all the different and unique aprons that I would wear, for my pocket apron that will have tons of pockets and a little treat in each one for the grandkids to pick out of, a garden so that I can fill the lap of the apron with fresh veggies from the garden...and there are tons more. Well, I am well on my way because there is now an Apron Club here in the Valley of the Sun and this is a picture of the original founders of the club. From left to right there is, Maren, Jill and Christie. Our friend Rachel has since joined, along with Maren's cousin-in-law, Jen and last night our other friend Stacey was able to come and start her first apron. Once a week we get together and work on whatever apron we have started and just gab, drink Diet Coke, gab some more and eat delicious treats and of course gab some more...oh and did I mention that we sew too? It has been a blast! We are even famous at Joanns, which to me is the ultimate status. I went there wearing my apron one Apron Night to pick up some bias tape (you know how they say there is opposition in all things, this it for us) and the clerk asked, "Are you part of that apron club that is around here?" Turns out that she was talking about our club because another girl was there th week before looking for bias tape and she told her all about our club. Who knows, maybe this means we will get special deals...yeah right! But we do feel pretty cool!
Friday, July 13, 2007
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
9:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
that's awesome jill. your apron is darling. and way to get your club out there. maybe you can get discounts at joann for being a co-founder. very, very cute! and ps LOVE the header and your new blog colors. well done
Jill, you are the best Secret Stitch Apron Club president ever!! We are cool...whether or not anyone else thinks so really doesn't matter. :)
Post a Comment