Saturday, August 4, 2007

CELEBRATE!


I finished it! I am so happy, finishing this gives me another reason to celebrate! I saw this banner on the One More Moore blog and thought it would be easy to make my own. After going crazy at Zoe's Trunk and their huge selection of fat quarters, I came up with my own color scheme. I made my own pattern for the scallops and go the letting stencils from J Caroline Creative. It was actually really fun and easy to make. My friend Rachel and I are trying to figure out other banners we can make for different holidays. Like for Christmas, get a whole bunch of holiday fabric and spell out BELIEVE or for Valentines Day having it say Be Mine with a heart inbetween the words. The possibilities are endless.

This is a great project for me because I can never make up my mind between all the cute fabric out there and this allowed me to choose my top 10 favorite fabrics and play around with them.
P.S. And with most things that I sew, please don't look to closely at the stitch work, I'm still learning!

5 comments:

jamie said...

jill that is really cute! i love the patterns and color scheme. can't wait to see what else you do.

Kim said...

JILL! It turned out BEAUTIFUL! I "Heart" it!! lol I love apron night also, cant wait till next week!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, very clever, looks like fun!! You are certainly becoming domesticized - great gift ideas during all your free time right now - enjoy it!

Emily said...

girl i cant belive you already finished it!!! your AMAZING!!! it looks so cute too!!!! cant wait to see ya on thursday!!!! and of course you made my blog!!! im sure you will be on it again!!! sure love ya!!!!!

Beka said...

way cute Jill, you are so crafty, i'm jealous!