Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A New Four Letter Word!


Well, its offficial...the verdict is in...we are moving to Yuma, AZ! While I am not happy about it and I am not going to hide it, it will in the long run be a good decision and beneficial. Here is the situation, Ty's company is building some projects outside of the Phoenix area and told Ty and few weeks ago that they want to relocate him to one of those projects. I was really excited because one of the projects is in Hawaii and another is in CA. But just our luck, they wanted to send him to Yuma, the arm pit of AZ. It is a small city, about the size of a glorified truck stop squeezed right in between the Mexico border and CA. You actually have to cross into CA and than back into AZ to get there. There isn't really anything exciting to say about Yuma because there isn't anything there. The nice thing about this is that we will only be two hours away from San Diego, 5 minutes from Mexico and only three hours from Mesa. This way, I can get out of Yuma and go somewhere better. And as we were driving around the other weekend and looking for houses to rent, I saw two quilt/fabric/sewing shops and I have my new sewing machine that my family got me for graduation, so I can stay on top of my aprons and other sewing projects. Ty will probably have to leave in about two weeks and I will follow once he finds a house for us to move into. So there is our big update, I am trying to stay positive about this and about living in Yuma, and I am waiting in anticipation to be pleasantly surprised by what Yuma has to offer.

8 comments:

The Blakes said...

We are all less than thrilled about your departure, but I applaud your sense of adventure! You will undoubtedly leave no stone unturned, no fabric store unvisited while enduring your stay in Yuma. I'm sure you will make the best of it, but we will all be a little incomplete without you around these parts. Love, love, love you!

Beka said...

now we HAVE to start planning that trip to Rocky Point! you will be missed tons!!

Delia D'Nell said...

Jilly you make everywhere fun. I mean really...how fun could it be living with 500 Chinese students. I hope you don't move before I come down to Phoenix next...hmmm...I might need to plan a trip sooner than I thought...

Christie said...

Indeed, Yuma is a four letter word. Words cannot even express how much we'll miss you. We will definitely plan some girl adventures down to Yuma.

Emily said...

ha ha another four letter word is right!!!! haha wow im going to miss you!!!!!!!!! meh!!!! dont leave!!! who will teach me how to sew????!!!!!

jamie said...

well, you'll have to come up with 52 getaways to make the year go by fast. :) and those quilt shops will be so happy to have you. It's just for a year, it's just for a year....

savatom said...

I know it's late but I agree that Yuma is the armpit of Arizona. It's not so much the people here or even the heat, it's the city and county government. What a bunch of jackasses! They've got all these new jails they've wasted money on instead of putting it into education. So now they feel they have to fill them up. I talked to an older man about 2 months ago, said he had been in county lock-up for 3 weeks for trespassing... TRESPASSING by simply walking down the railroad tracks. It just so happens the railroad is private property. I bet many of you didn't realize that. He was homeless, so therefore no money, no bail, no dice. He was guilty of a minor misdemeanor and fined. But since he has no money he had to "serve" more time to "pay" for his fine. What a joke.

savatom said...

I know it's late but I agree that Yuma is the armpit of Arizona. It's not so much the people here or even the heat, it's the city and county government. What a bunch of jackasses! They've got all these new jails they've wasted money on instead of putting it into education. So now they feel they have to fill them up. I talked to an older man about 2 months ago, said he had been in county lock-up for 3 weeks for trespassing... TRESPASSING by simply walking down the railroad tracks. It just so happens the railroad is private property. I bet many of you didn't realize that. He was homeless, so therefore no money, no bail, no dice. He was guilty of a minor misdemeanor and fined. But since he has no money he had to "serve" more time to "pay" for his fine. What a joke.