Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mazal Tov!


Hey EVERYONE, wow it has been a long time...I try really hard not to go so long without updating my blog but going out of town tends to let this happen! This last weekend Ty and I went to Laguna Beach, CA to attend his cousin's wedding and boy, it was one of the greatest vacations/weddings ever! It was tons of fun to see Ty's family and get to know some of his cousins better...he has a great family and they are a blast to play with! The groom is Jewish and the bride is not and so the whole weekend celebrations were uniquely integrated with Jewish and Traditional aspects. At the rehearsal dinner, they did the traditional prayer to welcome in Shabbat and that was really neat to be a part of. Sat. we did a little shopping. Ty and I were not prepared for such a formal wedding and did not pack accordingly...it must have been because of all the Mormon wedding/receptions we have attended...a skirt is usually sufficient...not this time! The wedding was right on the beach at the Balboa Bay Beach Club and I don't think you could have paid money to get the back drop that they did with 100 foot yachts and sail boats floating past in the background!


And as for the reception, lets just the Jewish sure do know how to throw a great party! It was great food and amazing dancing! The band was so good and Ty was on the dance floor the whole night getting his groove on. I was proud to say that he was keeping up with everyone on the dance floor and didn't have one drop of alcohol! In between festivities, we played on the beach and ate more amazing food! All in all, it was a great weekend, which makes coming home that much harder but it is good to be back at home! Now back to reality...I'll post pictures as soon as I can get my hands on some!

1 comment:

Delia D'Nell said...

Tell me more! Please! I am fascinated by the Jewish religion and culture! Pictures also please!