So, Friday around noon I went got Ty from work and we headed on out of Yuma and went to Southern California! We checked into our hotel,
and this is our view from our hotel room! Than we got all dolled up and headed to the San Diego temple to do a session! The temple is absolutely beautiful, inside and out! Ty couldn't get enough of it and the builder/construction side of him wanted to explore every nook and cranny of the building to figure out how they built something so huge and grand! 

Afterwards we headed to PF Changs for dinner! Now I have to explain a little bit of our weekend because I am just so impressed with all the thought that Ty put into everything. He wanted the whole time to be like it was when we got married and on our honeymoon...just three years later. Going to the temple in San Diego was like when we got married in the SLC temple. The day after our wedding, we went and dinner at PF Changs in SLC. Than we took a cruise for our honeymoon and one of our stops was San Diego, except on the cruise we went to Sea World and this time we went to the zoo!
Anyways, after dinner we just chilled in our hotel room and watched, "What Not To Wear." The one show that we both equally like!"
The next day, we put on our walking shoes and walked two blocks to the beach and had breakfast at a restaurant there and it was to die for! I had a waffle that I am still craving even now. Topped with fresh bananas, mangos, strawberries and kiwis! It was just perfect! Than we walked along the beach and drooled over the beach front homes that were there! There was a junior surf competition going on so we watched it for a while and that was really cool to see.
Next was the zoo!!! I love zoos, always have and I think I always will!!! I love seeing the animals, its like people watching but you don't have to worry about getting caught staring! When I was little I always wished that I would have some special ability to get the animal to come up to the glass and interact with me but it has never happened. I learned quickly that only really happens in the movies...but I can't deny that I still try it. 
When we saw how big the zoo was we decided on specific exhibits that we wanted to see and how to get there but after 5 hours of walking around, we figured that we actually ended up seeing everything...whoever designed that zoo knew how to keep people there for a long time!
The animal highlights were the pandas:
The polar bears:


these bears put on a great show for all of us. The one on the rock just wanted to catch a little sun but the big guy in the water wanted to play with her in the water so he would bite her and wrestle her until she got in...which she eventually did and everyone cheered for her!
Then the gorillas:


They put on the best show. They have two little guys there that are 2 years old and they loved playing with each other. They would wrestle, play keep away and try to get picky back rides on the older more larger gorillas but the grown ups didn't want them around. The little girl at the bottom has a slushy in her cup and this one gorilla saw her eating it and was so enthralled. This little girl had the gift that I have always wanted. She got that gorilla to come over to her and sit in front of her and the little girl would act like she was spooning the slushy to the gorilla. That little gorilla would look right into her cup and open his mouth like he was going to eat that slushy with each spoonful, it was really cool to watch! I could have watched these little guys forever!
And than what is a day at the zoo without seeing one of these:
I told Ty that this what he looked like when I told him that I was pregnant...he was as proud as a peacock!
Overall, it was a great trip and even little Elsie walked away with a present. We figured since the gorillas gave us the best show we would buy her a little stuffed baby gorilla! It is super cute, just like her! We are already planning our next trip back to S.D., anyone want to come?
Monday, April 14, 2008
More San Diego!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
7:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






10 comments:
Loved the photos and the whole trip event, and wow, what an event!!! So glad you were able to do this together. Jill, your dress looks so cute on you - a real cute preggie dress!
Fun! I love the zoo too. You got some great pics. I am so jealous that your close to San Diego. What a beautiful weekend it was.
You are so lucky that you have such a wonderful and thoughtful husband!! Sounds like you really did have just an amazing time. Is it easier to be in Yuma now, or harder? :o)
what a little romantic Ty is, and how lucky you got to enjoy such a great trip. I'm surprised you didnt sound that tired being prego and all! great pics! i love SD. and your belly is getting so cute! keep the pics coming!
Oh believe me, the tiredness caught up to me on Sun and for sure on Mon. I had felt that exhausted since my first trimester! But it was sooooo worth it!
I've been to SD so many times, but still haven't visited the zoo. Next time...
We want to go to the zoo with you! We have two free tickets on American and want to come down to Yuma to go to the zoo and to visit Mexico and get some cheap sunglasses. You and Michelle can hammer out the dates - it will probably be in early fall.
Man I am so jealous!! I need a ni e warm vacation. You have an awesome Husband!!!
I love that zoo, and love your pictures. You look fantastic!!!
Jill that is so cool that Ty surprised you!! You deserve it. It looks like you had a great time. San Diego is beautiful! You look great.
Post a Comment