Let's see, where do I begin? This Sat. I went to Mesa for the day to get my hair done but the hair goddess herself, Chelsea!!! Isn't it amazing how a little trim and some highlights make you want to walk a little bit taller, actually wear your cute clothes and do something with your day? Maybe it is just me but I always feel so refreshed when I get my hair done...I can see why the older generation would take one day a week to get their hair done, I would love to get this kind of rejuvenation every week, instead of every three months (or longer if you have to save like a crazy woman to get to Phoenix to get your hair done like I do, but it is soooooo worth it, Chelsea is amazing)! Anyways, I had all sorts of plans for while I was in Phoenix like visit some friends, get some maternity clothes, look for a crib! Well, none of that really happened. The only place I made it too was Kid To Kid thinking they could find a crib there. Well, they didn't have any BUT they had the most adorable clothes I had ever seen!!!! We are talking Pottery Barn Baby dresses and Gap Baby dresses for anywhere between $2-$8, and it amazing condition! I couldn't believe my eyes! I told myself that I would not buy baby clothes because I wanted to wait to see what I would get my baby shower but I couldn't pass these up! SO to all my Mesa friends, you need to check out this place next time you are looking for anything kid or baby related!
Here is the real kicker, on my way home I was only about 3 miles away from my house and I totally got pulled over my a cop!!! I deserved it, I was going 19 over! I immediately thought several things, 1) I heard that having your license and registration ready for the cop can help with getting out of a ticket...CHECK! 2)This just happened to my Cousin Laurel and she had such a great attitude about it so I need to keep a good attitude 3) I just got my hair done and it looks super cute, maybe that will help! 4)If I stick out my belly just enough, maybe he will see my prego tummy and have sympathy and 5)I also remember hearing that playing dumb with a cop will not help with getting out of a ticket...CHECK!!! Well, this sweet cop, I don't know if it was the good hair, the prego tummy, the preparedness or that I totally fessed up to everything that I did wrong but he let me off with a warning!!! Bless his heart! Plus the address on my license was wrong and my the registration I had in my car expired back in 2006...I have no idea where my new one is...and yet he still let me off, it had to have been the hair!!! Let's just say, I got really lucky!!! I'm still totally mad that my perfect record for 3 years (ask Ty, this is a huge accomplishment) is now shot but I'm glad that I don't have to pay for a ticket!!!
And I finished yet another apron and just like I say after everyone I make, I am in love!!! This one swept me off my feet! I'm trying to think of a name for it because it is just that gosh darn cute...it deserves a name!! What do you think?
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Random Updates!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
9:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
I am totally in love with that apron. I is so adorable!
I love the apron and it looks so cute on you too. So when are you going to start taking requests and have a price list up. I totally want to buy one from you! And good job on getting out of your ticket. I would have pulled the "I'm about to throw up b/c I'm prego" one and say I was trying to get to the next exit a little too quickly and then act like I was gagging. Which I could still pull off really easily right now!
cute hair, apron, belly and we missed seeing you this weekend!
okay, I'm in love with that apron!!! P.S. I have that same fabric!!!! I'm going to make a half one out of it! What's the pattern???? I have to do that one! I think it should be called....the Daisy...it's sweet, and just looking at it makes me happy!
good luck with the crib! We got a GREAT deal at Babies R Us.
super cute jill!! do you have a website to sell your aprons?
Your hair looks great!! I can't believe you got out of your ticket!! That is amazing. My husband needs to learn how to do this... maybe I should have his go to Mesa and get his hair done by Chelsea
I can't believe this is the first time in three years you've been pulled over - didn't you get three tickets in a two month time period when you and Ty were dating? Marriage will calm a woman down I guess.
I looooooove this apron. It should be named after "Elsie", because it's as cute as she is and it fits her perfectly!! The apron is darling to wear as an outfit don't you think? You can pull it off I'm sure. I love the new "do" - way cute on you - you're darling pregnant. And as your mother, I can say going three years straight without a ticket is AMAZING CHILD!!!! Way to go!!!.......so glad it isn't our problem anymore. Growing up, you were a challenge in that area that's for sure, but you compensated in other areas like making us laugh. And I love Addie's idea for an excuse - wicked, but clever!
of course you were caught speeding. You are so funny. It reminds me of our drive to girls camp... oh good times!
Post a Comment