So, for the last few days I have forced myself into bed rest. No big deal, I just over did it on Sat and my back has been killing me!!! So as I have been laying here in bed trying to entertain myself, I came up with a few mental notes that I figured I would share with everyone!!!
Mental Note #!-Do not clean you car, inside and out, when you are 6 months pregnant!! On Sat, I decided that my car needed to be cleaned. And really it did, it was disgusting! So I armed myself with the hose, a rag and some soapy water and went at it. Than I decided to clean all the windows inside and out and than vacuum every nook and cranny. I mean if you are going to do it, you might as well do it all, right? Wrong!!! This is why I am laying bed and unable to bend over to pick things up. I have gotten pretty good at picking things up with my toes though. It was pretty funny, yesterday I had to get something out of my church bag but I couldn't bend over to get it so, I laid flat on my stomach on the island in our kitchen, that the bag was leaned up against, and than dangled my arm into my bag to grab the item. I am sure I looked pretty ridiculous but it had to be done!!! And please, don't ever tell a pregnant woman to bend with her knees, it is nearly impossible to get back up from that position when your center of gravity is all out of whack...am I right ladies or am I right?
Mental Note #2-There is such a thing as pregnancy insanity! I can't go into too much detail right now, but it has to exist...why else would I have agreed to babysit for a family in our ward that has eight kids and for 10 days? It is because I am insane!
Mental Note #3-
Apparently even dogs need a little Gas-X. Yesterday Marley got a little bored since I couldn't do anything with her and so without me know it, she got into the 72 hour kit that Ty has been putting together. In it her has a tupperware container that has some toiletries and medication in it. Later that night Ty and I discovered that Marley has somehow busted open that container and took out his toothbrush. She had chewed the cover right off and than chewed on the tooth brush right in half. I found the remnants of it in our backyard right along with three empty Gas-X packages. She had chewed right through the foil and ate three Gas-X tablets. I couldn't get too angry because I was laughing too hard at the thought of our dog needing Gas-X and what the Gas-X will do for her. Apparently it isn't bad dogs because she has been just fine!!!
Sometimes I wonder if there is any difference between having a dog and having children. 
Mental Note #4-Roswell, a t.v. show from a few years back, is actually one of the greatest shows ever (in a teeny bopper, One Tree Hill/Twilight kind of way)! I have been Netflix-ing all the episodes and have been totally reminiscing. I have decided that it is a lot like the Twilight books (which I love) and is a great distraction as I wait for the fourth book to come out and the movie to be released. If you ever wanted to feel like a teenage giddy girl and swoon over a Romeo and Juliet type love story (he's an alien and she is human...see what I mean about the whole Twilight parallel?) than this is it for you!
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
A few mental notes!!!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
7:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Jill- i think you are CRAZY too for offering to babysit for 10days!!! 8 kids! You better get lots of help, or you will be put on bedrest for sure:)
You're totally showing!!! Yeah! It's so fun, huh? You look adorable!
Post a Comment