Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We are free!!!

So Ty and I wrapped up our 10 day, 8 kids babysitting tour on Sunday and it felt so good to be back in our quiet home and in our own bed! The kids were great, so that made it nice and easy but I now know for a fact that we will not be having 8 kids. I am not built to do it, some people are, I am not one of them! Since being home, I have decided that for each day that I survived, I earned myself a reward! How does one reward themselves for babysitting? But using the money you get from babysitting...let's just consider it spent already! Here is what I have been thinking:

1. I'm going to DISNEYLAND!!! My sister, her husband and two little girls will be going to Disneyland in a few weeks and I am going to join them for a few days! I can't wait. It has been years since I have been and I have been dying to go for a long time...and to be able to go with my nieces, will just make it that much more magical!

2. I'm getting a pedicure! I just got one about a month ago but I think I have earned myself another one. I love getting pedicures...I don't like giving them to myself, where is the relaxation in that? But I love receiving them!!! I need to get a few more in before the baby comes because who knows when the next one will be! And I think I will really splurge and go to a spa to get it done...that would be awesome!

3. I actually treated myself last night with some Benn and Jerrys. I have been surprisingly good about not eating or craving ice cream through this whole pregnancy but last night I wanted some and for the first time in a long time, I didn't try to argue myself out of it...I earned it! I got Phish Food too, my favorite! Plus, apparently this last month I lost 2 lbs and that got my doctor a little worried so I need to do my part and find where those 2 lbs went and bring them back!

4. Also, I treated myself by buying these pair of shoes the other weekend. Ty and I had to leave the kids with their Grandparents for a weekend for a family emergency in Gilbert the other weekend and while we were there we stopped at Sportsmen Warehouse and I bought these shoes. I have been eyeing similar shoes for a long long long time and I finally decided that I deserved them and had the money to get them! They are super comfy and I love how they look. I only wish I had them a year ago when Ty and I were going on some crazy hikes with our friend Richard in Mesa, I probably would have saved a big toe nail or two in the process!

5. A loooooooong nap!!! When Ty and I got home from church on Sunday, we hurried and ate dinner and than I jumped in my pj's and jumped into bed and slept for as long as my body would let me! I was exhausted (still am) and just wanted to sleep, it felt so good. I don't usually like naps, I hate the part where you have to wake up from them, but this one felt so good and was so needed!

6. A trip to Joanns. 10 days is a long time for me to not go to Joanns and scope things out and so I went yesterday and got all sorts of goodies for YW's, Elsie's bedroom and some fabric! I love fabric/craft stores, this was a real treat!

7.

8.

9.

10.

I am still thinking of 4 more rewards to round out the full 10 days but so far, I feel pretty darn rewarded! It was a good experience and I learned a lot and now I feel like I can handle one baby after juggling 8 kids! Here's hoping!

5 comments:

Beka said...

i'm still surprised you took that job since you were so nervous watching both my boys at once...but i'm sure you were awesome! you are so funny, all your rewards..reminds me of danny...whenever he gets a paycheck he shows it to me excited and says "and i know just what i'm going to spend it on!"...just to annoy me:)

Anonymous said...

So, you got payed!! It sounds like it was a decent reward. Have fun at Disneyland - I'm soooooo jealous!! Tell Hannah to pretend that one of the rides is with grandma.

Jill Manning said...

No, we haven't gotten paid yet but I am just making some plans for when we do!

Benn said...

Whew! We're so glad you are back to your blog! Benn kept checking over the last several days, saying things like, "Let's see if Jillian has updated her blog." or "Jill hasn't updated her blog in a while. I wonder what's going on." He is the only boy I know that actively checks out peoples' blogs and you are by far his fav (and mine too!).
- Michelle

Benn said...

I just appreciate you spelling it Benn & Jerry's.