Monday, April 28, 2008

Unique Tag!!

The rules are: 1. answer questions from your blog list of friends and family. 2. If you don't have 18 names on your list you can pick a name for the last question.


-Susan is in the middle in the black!
*When did you meet the first person on your list? I met Susan when we were teaching English in China a few years back! There were 4 girls that I hung out with and she hung out with 4 girls and our two groups would go out and do things together all the time. I think one of my favorite memories was sleeping in a Mongolian Yurt and playing Truth or Dare until way late into the night (or early into the morning, depending on how you look at it)!


-Sarah is on the left, rockin' out!
*What do you like about the 3rd person on your list?
Sarah is another teacher that was in China with me. I don't think I ever heard her say one mean thing about anyone! She was so sweet and happy all the time and up for a good time! And an added bonus, I think she is the best packer I have ever met...she was able to pack a Pilates ball and egg shell foam in her suitcase (if I remember correctly)!


-This pic is for my family and especially Laurel. I thought they would enjoy seeing my Grandpa, Grandma and Great Aunt Jean "jumping" on the trampoline when they were in their 70's! They are the greatest!
*What do you like best about the 5th and 6th person on your list? Steph is an old roommate from the infamous High Five 106 days! If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times, that was one of the best semesters ever at school! Steph I think was just as boy crazy as I was and would be the first to listen to my lame story of the day about how some boy (at the time it was Adam Eastman) paid attention to me. She has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know and is willing to do anything for a friend! The 6th person on my list if my cousin Laurel, who I have to admit is one of my heroes! When I found out that she has a blog, I immediately became a huge fan of it! Whether she knew it or not, Laurel was always considered one of the "cool" cousins by me growing up because she has one of the greatest sense of humors and personalities of anyone I know! We never got to see each other a whole lot growing up but the memories I do have with her are for sure fun and happy...just like her!

*How long have you known the 9th person on your list? Julie is another roommate from High Five 106, and that was back in 2001 (I think). Julie was certainly the comic relief of the apartment!

*What impresses you about the 11th & 12th person on your list? The 11th person is actually the link to Stewart Maxfield's band. He is a guy that swerved in the same mission as me and is extremely talented! I don't think there is an instrument that he can't master but is amazingly (like scholarship to BYU amazing) good with the violin. And he is super sweet and has a great voice...like I said, super talented! Check out his stuff! The 12th person is Aubry! I haven't actually met Aubry (my loss I know) but she is a cousin of a friend of mine who lives in UT and we got connected through our mutual love for aprons! Aubry to me seems very brave. Just by the fact that she joined the Secret Stitch Club (established in Mesa in 2007) when she didn't really know any of us and lived in another state (she makes up the Utah Chapter of our club)! But she she is so good about reading our blogs and leaving comments and making me feel like we have been friends for a long time just by her support!


-This in Lake Powell many moons ago. My dad is leading, I'm on his back, than my brother, my cousin Brock, my sister Ange, and my other cousin Jodie. We loved those scooters!
*What is a memory with the 16th person on your list? Ironically, the 16th person on my list is my Dad!!! I love it! He started this website to document, via pictures, all the happenings of their mission! A memory that I want to share is actually a very recent one from Thanksgiving of this year. A bunch of us were watching Mary Poppins with my niece and Step In Time came one and my dad totally got into it...he thought he was Burt himself! He was jumping up on the ledge of the fireplace and off again over and over again kicking his legs and jumping around singing, "Step in Time, Step in Time..." it was hilarious! The grandkids loved it and started doing it with him...but his own kids were stunned and trying desperately to find a video camera to capture the moment...we weren't sure when he would do that again! I will cherish that moment for a long time! Of course there are too many others, I mean he is my Dad!!!

*Say something nice about the 18th person on your list? The 18th person on my list is Jen who is a friend of mine from Mesa. She and her husband helped us out about a year ago when we were in charge of a youth activity called, Teen Elect. She is so creative and came up with the idea to do speed dating. It almost seemed effortless how she was able to come up with ideas that would be appealing to the 16-18 year olds. Creativity does not come that easy to me and I am so envious of that!

4 comments:

Lopez-kids said...

Hi Jill! I am glad you found my blog! It is nice to make a connection here in Yuma! I remember when you guys first moved in, my husband said, "They are from the valley," before we knew anything about you. Funny how you can just tell. Anyway, I wish I would have talked to you sooner, because now we are moving! It sounds like you may be too though so hopefully, our paths will cross again someday! :-) Your blog is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading every single word!!! It was very informative (I mean as your mom, I learned some new and revealing things) and it was very entertaining as well. As always, I eat up every photo that gets posted. I love photos!!!

Laurel said...

I love love love the trampoline picture. That is A GEM! Thanks for sharing.

Laurel said...

I love love love the trampoline picture. That is A GEM! Thanks for sharing.