Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Super Easy Apron!!!

I was walking through Joanns the other day and found that material that you just have to hem up and sew up the two edges and than you have tube top dress or a skirt and thought to myself, "That would make a great apron. And considering the super elastic waist, it would be perfect for a maternity apron." So I got to work and wa-la, this is what I got! I love the big flowery print and it really was super easy. You can wear it around your ever-expanding waist...

Or you can wear it a little bit higher considering if anything does spill from your spoon, chances are your tummy will stop it from ever hitting anything else!

**On another note, please do not judge me on the way I look...I purposely asked Ty to avoid taking a pic of my face because I was just happy that I took a shower today let alone actually get cute! See the next post for details!

9 comments:

Christie said...

Ingenious Jill! I love it. Perfectly maternity. I may have to steal your idea.

You look so stinkin' cute! I knew you'd be a cute preggo. I miss you tons! Hope your back feels better. I'm there with you girl. I wish I had some magic remedy. Nope...there isn't any. We just have to suffer. :)

Chicky said...

Adorable! You could even make yourself a cute maternity top by attaching that all the way around the bottom of a tshirt! I love the color...

Anonymous said...

Okay - cute apron and comparing you from your 6 month photo, Elsie is certainly growing up (I mean out). And I laughed and laughed over Marley and the Gas X episode. What a funny story. Hope your back is better. Stay down if isn't and mind your mother on this one - I know!!! Are you still really going to babysit? I worry about that decision? Love, MOM

Laurel said...

okay, this is just NOTHING but clever. you are the coolest June Cleaver I know!

Delia D'Nell said...

Jill, so adorable. I wish you lived closer so we could spend time together crafting and some of your ideas would hopefully translate to my brain!

malibumoons said...

Hey, I have a confession to make. I don't own one apron. I have been thinking about needing one for that last 3 months though cause I seem to always get dirty when I cook. Thanks for your inspiration. i just might have to pick me up an apron sometimes soon. you are so talented.

Stephanie said...

Jill you are just amazing! I always impressed with your aprons and other projects. You do such a great job. You look simply beautiful. Take it easy, I hope your back feels better.

Ju said...

I've been wanting to make an apron since I first saw your blog... but I have just never taken the time to do it... I'm pretty sure mine could never look as cute as the ones you have posted, however, if you say this is easy, I might just have to give it a whirl. :o)

Maren said...

Jill, look at your teeny little belly. You look absolutely adorable!! We miss you so much! Apron Night is just not the same - weird. but I can't see a jamba juice and not stop - our baboes are fruit lovers!