I have been waiting for so long for Elsie to smile for me. At first, she would only smile in her sleep or when she was passing gas. Than she would smile when she was awake but I don't think it was at anything in particular. Than she would only smile for her daddy...which only made me mad because I couldn't understand how I was feeding her all the time and doing everything for her but dad would walk in the room for 5 seconds and he would get a smile. BUT...lately, she is smiling for me too and doing it all the time. I love it!!! It is so adorable!!!
She also loves when I sing to her. I am trying to introduce her to The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins and some classic Primary songs, so she gets a good dose of Popcorn Popping, Give Said that Little Stream, Do Re Me and Spoonful of Sugar. She loves Do Re Me because I have made up little arm and hand motions and I make her do them. She seems to really like that...or she has already learned that her mommy is easily amused and knows just how to humor me.
She sleeps really well still but I am trying to figure out just how to get her to fall asleep with out me. I am thinking it is time to start letting her cry it out. I was going to wait until she was three months (she is 8 weeks) but I think the younger she is the easier it will be. She just can't fall asleep without being bounced in some way...and even than she is crying the whole time until she just gives in. Wish us luck!!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Finally!!!!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
7:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Good Luck!
YEA! for smiling at you and for the blessing and such a beautiful dress. I love the pics of her smiling and the one in her dress on the couch- she looks like a little porcelain doll- so tiny! YA-crying thing is hard at first, but it gets easier(esp. in the middle of the night:)) and just do it little by little, b/c its so much nicer when they learn to go to sleep on their own!
I love the top picture, so cute. You look really great Jill. So as far as sleeping babies have you read Baby Wise? Some people hate it, some love it. I really hated it the first time I read it but then I started doing what they say and Corbin became a champ sleeper. He's been sleeping through the nights since he was 3 months old. He currently takes 2 two hour naps and sleeps 11-12 hours a night. It's awesome. Of course he wakes up sometimes but as a whole he sleeps through the night. I haven't read the Baby Whisperer but some of my friends like that better than Baby Wise. Good Luck.
Mitzi
It makes it all worth it to see that smile. She's adorable. I'm sure Gavin will be smitten by that smile someday. :)
Post a Comment