Last weekend, Elsie and I went on our first road trip together to meet up with my sister Ange, her family and my parents to go play at Disneyland! It was such a great trip and it felt like such a breath of fresh air to be with some of my family after the craaaaaaaazy month we have had. Here are some of my highlights of the trip:
(I only took a few pictures, when you have amazing photographers like my Dad and sister around, you tend to forget to take pictures also. I'm hoping to get my hands on theirs soon. **hint, hint**).
*First driving up to the hotel and my mom giving me a quick hug than jumping into the back seat and immediately getting Elsie would of her car seat. My mom is the most amazing Grandma and the even more amazing mom!
*Walking into the park with my parents for their first time in almost 30 years. My mom used to work in Disneyland as a teenager (at the restuarant in the Pirates of the Carribean) and my dad would come every summer with his family as a little boy. When they saw what used to be a huge parking lot is now California Adventure, I'm sure they thought everything else about Disneyland had changed but when they got through the Main Gate and than saw Main Street, you could see them magically swept away to the past and they lit up! It was really neat to watch, this was by far my highlight of the whole trip. My dad started taking about a magic shop that he loved going into on Main Street as a boy and sure enough it was still there. I think that made him really happy.
*Telling my parents that the Peter Pan ride is by far the greatest ride in the whole park and my dad lit up again and got really animated and said, "You're right, that ride is so great."
*Hannah, my little niece, constantly loving Elsie and smothering her with hugs and saying over and over again, "I love you Elsie." It was really sweet to see. She will be a great cousin.
*Of course the parades! I can't wait to go back when Elsie is older. My mom was holding her when Peter Pan went by and I got so wrapped up in the moment and go tall excited that I said, "Look Elsie it is Peter Pan." It wasn't quite the same when I remembered that she has no idea what is going on. I can't wait for her to get excited with me when we see people like Peter Pan!
*Elsie was a superstar throughout the whole park. I couldn't believe how many people would stop and comment on Elsie and say how young and tiny she was. I am not someone who sees a baby and comments so I was surprised by how many people do. One lady actually started video tapping her. Another lady, she was from Korea, actually asked to get a picture of our whole family and Elsie...I think it was because of Elsie, Hannah's adorable curls and Ella's big blue eyes. It was pretty funny, here she was at Disneyland, there are so many other things worth taking a picture of and she is taking a picture of us. I'm used to be an attraction when we go to other countries but not in the U.S. My dad got a great picture that capture the whole moment.
*During the firework show, Hannah was on her dad's shoulders and I was standing next to them and there is part of the show where they take clips from different movies where the characters are all wishing something. Well, when Pinnochio would say, "I wish I was real boy." Hannah would look at me and get all excited and say, "Pinnochio." Or, "I wish I was a part of that world." She would get really excited and say, "Ariel." She did this throughout the whole part and than gave me a huge hug! I loved it!!! She got really excited when she learned that Mary Poppins was narrating the whole thing.
*The crowds reaction during the firework show when Tinkerbell goes flying across the sky and over the castle!!! I still get goosebumps just thinking about it!
*Watching my sister and brother-in-law get into the whole pin trading experience. They became the dorks they used to make fun of...what goes around comes around. It was pretty funny to watch them but they got some great pins.
*Hearing my dad come into the hotel room at midnight because he wanted to stay and ride more rides like Splash Mountain and Peter Pan. He became a child at heart this trip, it was great to see.
There were so many other great moments throughout the trip that I am sure I am forgetting but I am so glad that I got to go. It was really hard to say goodbye to my family but I know that I will see them, and everyone else, at Christmas and I can't wait!!
After Disneyland, I went to Laguna Beach to visit with Ty's Aunt and Uncle that live there and that was so nice to be with them. It always is. I'm so happy that they got to meet Elsie and that Elsie go to meet them. The sound of the ocean really soothed Elsie and so Aunt Michele and I were able to really enjoy our time together! It was a great day and a great trip!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
The Most Magical Place on Earth!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
6:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Disneyland with grandkids is theeeeee best!!!! We had so much fun. Everything Jill wrote and felt goes ditto with me also. MOM
Wow that sounds like a great trip! I love Disneyland! I am glad you had a good time!
I am so happy you were there - only disappointed by your lack of pictures! Jill, it's me the Disney Freak. I have to experience everything vicariously... darn it. Did you like the bruschetta I sent over Thurs? I thought of you when we ate it at dinner.
Jill! I have officially entered the blogging world and found you through Julie! I miss you. And your baby is beautiful! How fun to have a little baby girl. I am experiencing that for the first time too. Cedar is five months old now. Okay, so I mignt be retarded, but I don't know how to invite you to my blog without your email address, and I can't find it. So send it to me so I can invite you! Love you, Annie
That trip sounded like tons of fun. I have only been once!
Mitzi
so glad you had so much fun!!! I was at your house this week with Addie, Kealey and Liz for our playgroup activity. So funny!! Weird to be there without you. You have a really nice home and such a great family! Can't wait to see you and meet little Elsie soon!
Post a Comment