Friday, September 26, 2008

Karma Police!

**DISCLAIMER: If feet gross you out, you may not want to read this post or look at the photo. But it is a really good story and the picture is only appropriate. I will let you decide to stop now or keep going. You have been warned!**
Well, if I was a firm believer of karma, I would have to say that I got a good dose of it the other day. Last week I was watching a show on TLC about a family of 17 kids. First off...17 KIDS!?!?!?! But that is not the point, one of the kids kept complaining about getting poison ivy and having a broken toe. He was supposed to dance in a break dancing competition but wasn't sure if he was going to be able to because of his "trials." I had to turn the channel because I couldn't listen to him complain over something so stupid as poison ivy, broken toes and a break dancing competition. Well, yesterday, I went to pick Elsie up out of her little bouncy chair and I completely stubbed my toe, really hard too. It hurt but I figured the pain would pass like any other time that I have stubbed a toe but this is when karma decided to teach me a lesson because I think I have broken my toe. Take a look for yourself, what do you think?

I have a small limp and I won't be able to run for a while because I can't move this toe or the one next to it, grrrrr!!! I have to laugh though because it is my middle toe that is damaged and it almost as if karma (or the bratty kid from the t.v. show) is flipping me off with my own middle toe. I don't think I have learned my lesson but I will have a little bit more sympathy to anyone who has broken their toe.
P.S. I am totally embarrassed about the condition of my toe nails, I need a pedicure in a bad way but I think those luxuries are going to be put on hold until Ty get's out of grad school...**sigh**

10 comments:

Ju said...

This karma totally makes me laugh. :o) I'm sorry about your toe, I've stubbed my toe on our bouncy seat way too many times to count, however, have never broken them. I did break my toe the day I went to get engagement pictures done... I fell off my bathroom counter.

Sarah Moon said...

that is funny. i think your toes look fine though. I have never once in my whole life had a pedicure. one day...

Anonymous said...

I hate looking at toes and yours are no exception, but that "owy" sure looks seriously painful. I have seen worse and so I don't think it's broken, but it is definitely injured. Time will heal it. Sorry about what happened. MOM

sarah lewis said...

Your toe looks like mine did when i broke it, but mine was the big toe so it could be different. so sorry jilly love love love ya!!!

wandering nana said...

Been there and it hurts. Tape your hurt toe to each toe on the side of it (weave the tape between each toe. This will stabilize the hurt toe and make it easier to walk on. (this is what the ER would have done and billed you). Elevate too. I worked for a podiatrist so I knew what to do when I broke mine (Twice and once the toe was pointing outwards and they just pulled it straight and taped it too). Good Luck

Scot and Jenny said...

I feel for you. Broken toes HURT!!!

Pierce Family said...

I TOTALLY watched that show!!! I'm glad karma didn't get me. =)

Stephanie said...

Your poor toe! How funny though the karma thing. Broken toes take a ridulous time to heal. Remember when I broke mine at college when we were spying on Katie and John's first kiss. Anyway, good luck healing. I feel your pain.

The Cannons said...

That is funny and crappy. Don't worry if I had TLC I would probably watch that show too. I have no idea if it's broken but good luck.
Mitzi

oretta said...

Is that the same pedicure from Florida????? I noticed the over growth.