
I wanted to take a moment today and remember those who lost their lives on this day 7 years ago. I remember my dad saying, when I was younger, that there are events in history where you can remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when you found out about them. One of those events for my parents was when they found out that John F. Kennedy was killed. For me, it is 9/11. I remember running back to my apartment after my Childrens Lit class. I still can't believe the teacher continued with her lesson plan as if nothing had happened. I can't remember a single thing I heard during that class because all I wanted to do was turn on the t.v. mounted on the wall behind her and find out what was going on. All I had was a plane flew into the World Trade Center and I was thinking a little propeller plane. I don't think anyone ever fathomed that what really happened, would happen. After class, I ran back to my apartment. I remember sitting in front of the t.v. in unbelief when I watch the video of the plane going into the second tower. Than calling my mom to see if my sister Jamie was okay because she lived and worked in Washington D.C. She was just fine. Every single one of our lives changed that day, I hope I never forget! God Bless the families who lost loved ones! God bless the soldiers over in Iraq and other places throughout the world! And God bless America!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
In Rememberance
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
7:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Thanks Jill for reminding us to remember. The books I have been reading about Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt sure have helped me appreciate the great American way and democracy and our leaders and soldiers who have helped keep our land the home of the brave!! God Bless America!!!
Post a Comment