Friday, September 14, 2007

Flashback Friday!

Okay, so I needed something to get me to post on a regular basis and I think I have found the solution...every Friday there will be a post dedicated to some song that I absolutely love because of the memories that are connected to it. The idea is inspired by my sister's SOF (Shout Out Friday) and my friend's Christie's post a while back about her personal soundtrack. Yesterday was spent driving home from Yuma singing my heart out for three hours while my iPod played amazing song after amazing song. Every three minutes I was magically swept away to Freshman year of college, my first kiss, my last heartbreak and everywhere in between. So my first song of choice is: Boom, Boom, Boom, by the Vengaboys.

free music

Oh my heavens, there like a hundred different memories attached to this song. It first became my song (you know, if I was a going up to bat at a baseball game and needed a song to take me there, this would be it) when I lived at Royal Crest #106 in Rexburg. Every night at 10pm, my roommates and I would grab our "microphones" (usually any cooking utensil i.e. a spatula, serving spoon) and would stand outside our apartment and yell, "High-5 106" and than the my stereo blasting as loud as it can get would play this song and would have a mini-dance party in our apartment. We even had a little dance that would go with it. This became such a nightly ritual that our neighbors would join in and if we missed a night people would ask what happened. We even decorated our walls with black lights and painted "Boom," "High-5 106," (this names came about because we would high 5 each other all the time) and other things on our walls with liquid detergent so that it would only show up in the black light. This semester quickly became one of the funnest semesters I have ever had at school! This song even followed me to China that next semester and I would freak out when I would hear it playing on the stereos of little Chinese markets and when my dear friends of the C.O.T and I would have our own dance parties, this song was bound to make it in the mix, along with the little dance that goes with it! This song always brings a smile to my face and makes me want to get up out of my seat and dance my little heart out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Friday music moments, and play some N-Sync for me in memory of our road trip together from Colorado to Utah. We'll belt it out again someday - that's a promise - what a blast it was.

Delia D'Nell said...

Oh, the boom song..what fond memories. Remember how boys really liked the dance? That's my favorite part...I think I have a picture of you singing your heart out with a wooden spoon. Love it.

Beka said...

oh my gosh, i totally have that song on one of my mix cd's...its definitely a fun one!

Chicky said...

LOL-I just read your "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" post...you guys are too funny!!!

I would love for one (or all) of you to do a post for the site...tell us about how you started, and include pics, stories, etc...I know people would love to read about, it, and may you would inspire some people to do the same! I think I envy most your friendships-that is SO cool you guys make the time for each other like this...

XOXO
Deanna (The Apronista)
domesticchicky@aol.com