I am sure that many of you know what I have been experiencing all day while I have been trying to pack up our condo! I start in the hall closet, it is the smallest space in our house and it is packed full so I figured I would be able to make some progress there. While slowly I did make some progress I got very distracted along the way. You know with pictures, old journals, magazine clippings (which I can't remember why I have been saving them), old pictures and old letters. I was magically swept away to Kenya, China, adventures in Rexburg and way fun roommates, mission life in Philly and little notes left by my Young Women for me on my birthday last year at Girls Camp! And than I found these; quilts that I inherited that my Grandma Brimhall made. I actually wrapped the pink one around me as I looked through my pictures and journals! 

As I was looking at the details that went into making these quilts I was kickiny myself that I never took much interest in how my Grandma would quilt while she was alive...I have a lot to learn from her...she always made the most amazing quilts and you can feel the love that went into making the quilt when you cuddle with it. I can't wait to decorate a nursery around these quilts and wrap a little bundle of joy in them! A special gift from their Great Grandma!
Monday, September 10, 2007
When Packing...
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
8:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
What a nice tribute to grandma B. I didn't know you were so lucky to have both of those quilts. The heart grows fonder as we grow older - that's the cycle of life.
I have never even seen those and how did you get two? Lucky You!
Jill, what treasures! I love the blue quilt...mostly because it looks like something I could do! I love the quilts and afaghans that I have from my grandmother.
Jill that is so sweet. I feel the same way about my grandma. I wish I had listened a little more to her advice or tried to learn about the things she loved to do. Now I am loving to do the same things, but am having to figure it out on my own (or with the help of awesome friends like you!). But doing these things now makes me feel so much closer to her, even if she isn't alive. I like to think that every now and then she checks up on me and watches me struggle with a sewing pattern or baking and decorating a cake...and chuckles to herself because she had to learn the hard way too.
Those quilts are beautiful, such treasures! I love the few heirlooms I have from my grandmothers and hope some of my aprons or other craft endeavors become heirlooms to my granddaughters.
Post a Comment