Monday, September 3, 2007

Things to do in Y*#@

So, Ty and I have been brainstorming on various things we will be able to do when we move to Y*#@ and the firs thing that we both thought of was bike riding. I remember one of my most favorite things to do when I was a kid was riding my bike around. So, ASU had a bike sale a few days ago and Ty and I went to check things out. I wasn't expecting a whole lot and I wasn't really expecting Ty to buy anything, he is the most un-impuslive (is that a word?) shopper I know. But long and behold, we did buy ourselves some bikes!


He is Ty's bike. He hasn't named his yet but he looks so cute when he rides it. Mostly because he is a little too tall for it but he looks like a natural. His even has a bell (which I am secretly really envious of)! Doesn't he look so tough with his little Beach Cruiser?


And here is my bike, this is Winnie! I don't know if this name will stick or not, but I like it for right now. I love my bike, I am going to put a basket on her so that I can carry the freshly picked flowers that I get from the fields in it and take them home with me. Oh wait, Y*#@ doesn't have flowers, or fields, only sand and cacti...well, I find something to fill my basket with. But in the mean time, I am having to relearn how to ride a bike and keep my balance, I am not very steady and have to go really slow around corners but everyday I am getting better and better and love getting any chance to ride my new bike!

5 comments:

Beka said...

well you 2 just need to ride your pretty little selves over for a visit...i love the blue color jill!

The Blakes said...

Your latest purchase has renewed my bike envy - I haven't stopped bugging Trent about it since you came by to show us Winnie! I'm so glad you found something so fun that will help occupy your time in Yuma! Just imagine the adventures you could have on that sweet ride!

Delia D'Nell said...

So cute and so retro! I am jealous...but totally okay with it, because I am not sure I could remember how to ride a bike! Your bike is similar to my first bike, Dean bought it at the DI...and it was not hip and I was embarrassed. Isn't it weird how things come back in style?

Chelsea said...

Ok, if you name your bike Winnie, I think Ty will HAVE to name his "the Pooh"
lol!

Angela said...

Okay, i love the Y*#@". And you can feel your basket with all your sewing projects and just ride around until people start running out to buy them... kinda like the ice cream man, but you will be the apron making woman.