So, I have some big ideas for all the little craft projects that I seem to have piling up and it is no thanks to all the crafty bloggers out there that my mind is over flowing with ideas and endeavors for Hansel (my sewing machine) to conquer. For a while I have been thinking to myself, "I keep making all these aprons that I am in love with, but honestly, how many aprons does one girl need?" Now in my mind, I can reason this in the same way that I can reason why I absolutely need another pair of shoes or that new song on iTunes...you can never have too many and you need one for every mood! In a few years, maybe in the next year or so, I can get good enough with my sewing skills and start my own little Etsy store and sell some of my aprons, burpies (I have new little embellishment ideas for these, so friends, start having kids again, J/K), pacifier clips, tote bags and now pin cushions. I would even love to get in on the craft fair circuit and set up a booth for my little homemade treasures.
Last night I surrounded myself with the left overs of some of my most favorite fabrics and decided to make my first pin cushion and this is the finished product.
This is the front side of the cushion, and like I said, I have a long way to go before any of my stuff is saleable, as you can see with my first attempt to slip-stitch this mini-me pillow...any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. And here is the back side:
I think the next time I do this, I will only patch one side and do the backside with one type of fabric. And I love that I got to use my buttons!
I got the idea from this blog: http://paperstringcloth.blogspot.com/2007/07/pincushion-tutorial.html
Let me know what you thing. And again, this is another poor attempt to figure out my camera and Photoshop...neither one of us have bonded well.
Thursday, September 6, 2007
Newest Endeavor!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
I agree with doing the back one color only. But it is super cute. I would love to chat about your burb cloth idea, because believe it or not, I have an idea about that too!
so cute jill, i wish i was as crafty as you
I can help with the slip stitching and a cute way to finish the product off. Maybe Thanksgiving? I wish sooner, but it is hard to do it over the phone. Maybe an I-chat demo?
I think I may need an i-chat demo because I am going to making a few more pin cushions in the next few weeks and I want to be able to make them look professional. Thanks mom for the help, I will be giving you a a call!
Super cute! I have some cute ideas I was planning on bringing with me when we got together...in hopes that I could also steal some of your cute ideas...the pin cushion is definitely one I want to steal...
Post a Comment