Sunday, September 2, 2007

Could I Be Any Luckier?


As I mentioned before, I have had a bit of time on my hands to sew to my hearts content and sew aprons. I have made it a habit to put a movie on while I sew, it just makes it that much more fun to do. Lately, I have been watching the Opran DVD and this last Wed, I was sewing and watching all about the season she did where she made everyone's wildest dreams come true. It was an hour full of surprises and tears and laughing and just feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. I loved the anticipation that was being built by knowing that something truly wonderful was going to happen to a most gracious recipient. Well, I was running off to mutual that night (an activity night that we have for the youth group in my church that I help out with) and had no idea what the activity was going to be since the Beehives were charge this week. I walked into the building and there was Celia (the YW president) saying, "Jill we have been looking everywhere for you." I just laughed it off, I am was not involved in anyway with the activity so I thought she was just being silly. That was until I opened up the door and there on the other side of balloons, streamers, lots of yummy food and a sign that read, "We love you and we will miss you!", and 20 some girls, ages 12-17 yelling, "SURPRISE!" The girls had thrown me a surprise going away party! I was shocked, stunned and just felt so loved! I had been watching all day as Oprah was throwing surprises for tons of people and here I was getting my own surprise. It was just the most sweetest thing anyone could have done for me! And than to add to it, Maren had made me this most adorable apron by using Michael Miller fabric (he has got to by one of my favorite fabric designers, I feel so chic and trendy in this one). I couldn't contain myself, it was just the sweetest thing to open a bag and find an apron inside! I have been struggling with this move to Yuma and that night was just what the doctor ordered to get my mind off of it and to be reminded of how blessed I have been to live in the ward that we do and to be able to have been a part of the YW program in this ward for so long. The girls are absolutely amazing and the leaders that I have gotten to work with have become life long friends.
Thanks everyone who put that night together, I cherish that night and all that you have done for me!

3 comments:

jamie said...

what a great surprise! you are really blessed with the ward you have. And about Oprah, that was when Oprah was the best, she'd do her angel network every Monday. It was a chance to show the audience what was being done with their money. You couldn't watch Monday's Oprah without bawling. Great post, jill

Christie said...

That is a super sweet apron! I love it! And you totally deserve to be sent off with a bang. We will miss you tons and I know everyone else will too.

Anonymous said...

Save those DVDs for me when it comes my turn to waste some time away (can't wait!) However, I won't be making aprons - I'll be eating chocolates or something sinful (can't wait!)

You are very lucky people to have such great friends. You have always charmed your way into people's hearts wherever the two of you have been, so YUMA will be no different. You will wow them there as well - I just know it will be a better experience than you think............(It might take a miracle, but what's faith for?) - jking!!!!