Sunday, September 23, 2007

I love this!


I am here in beautiful CO enjoying my time at home and with my brother, sister-in-law and my nephew, Dallin. One of my big goals while I am here (besides trying to become Dallin's most favorite aunt) is to scan old family photos so that I can have them for myself. Well, while I was looking at some photos I found some of the most precious pictures of my mom. Isn't she beautiful? Seriously, I saw this picture and said, "My mom is stunning!" I have always believed that my mom is one of the most beautiful women on Earth, but this picture just proves it! This was taken by my dad on their honeymoon in 1971 at Monterrey, CA! I found pictures of their wedding and I wish so so so badly that I could've worn my mom's wedding dress on my wedding day, she looked so sweet in it and it is such a great dress!

5 comments:

Angela said...

yes, mom is beautiful then and now. Okay, so I want a copy of all the photos you scan! Better just count on that!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jill - thanks for those generous words. At my age, the word "gorgeous" is a real boost to one's self esteem. I love you too.

This is no lie, but while we were i-chatting last night, and I was watching you talk to us, I thought to myself how all of your features as a teenager have blended very nicely over the years and you have a very striking glow and charm about you. I was going to email you and tell you this even before you wrote these kinds words to me. We must have been thinking the same thing at the same time, except you beat me in writing it!

Love MOM

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention about the wedding dress. My sister Myrna wore it on her wedding day and way back then I knew that was the dress I wanted to where when I got married. It makes Myrna & I sick to know the dress got lost somewhere in between moves. I would have loved for any of my daughters to wear it as well. We have never been able to find it - so sad! But a funny story about Jim and Janet Williams. Somehow, when they moved to Denmark for their mission, the movers packed up one of their daughter's wedding dress and it hung in one of their closets in mission home the entire three years they were there, and was packed up again when they came home - too funny!

jamie said...

ditto on what ange said. just make a few dvds of your scanned photos. :) and yes, mom is/was gorgeous. i love that photo of her. thanks for taking on this endeavor to scan these photos. give dallin a big hug and kiss for us

Christie said...

That is a beautiful picture of your mom. Absolutely stunning. What a treasure.