Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Week 16 and going strong!


I've made it a personal goal to write more on my blog, even if there isn't a whole lot going on in my life. I sometimes feel like Yuma has sucked the life right out of me, or the pregnancy, or both...but whatever it is, I need to remember that I like to blog. Blogging makes me happy. Reading other people's blogs make me happy. And I haven't been wanting to bombard my blog with my pregnancy because I have been afraid that people will just laugh at me because, yes, I know..."every woman goes through it" but I am becoming absolutely fascinated by this new me. Every week, there is a new version of me to get to know. The last few weeks, this one included, I have had to get to know the overly-emotional-will-cry-over-anything Jill. Just today I was watching a commercial in which Disney asked Eli Manning after winning the Super Bowl, "Eli Manning, now that you have won the Super Bowl, what are you going to do next?" When You Wish Upon A Star was playing in the background and he responded, "I'm living a dream, I'm going to Disneyland!" I had to bite my lip to keep from crying! I actually wanted to cry when the Giants won (I would've cried if the Pats won to) but we were at a friends house and it just wouldn't have been appropriate! I don't dare watch Extreme Make Over Home Edition, I couldn't control my emotions before I was prego, I don't stand a chance now. The silliest one was a while back when Ty and I were watching some past episodes of LOST. It was the 1st season finale and there is a part where a little boy has to say goodbye to his dog. We were laying in bed watching this and I a had a hoodie on. I lifted my hood over my face because I couldn't fight the tears. I was bawling hysterically. Ty peered into my hoodie and was shocked by how hard I was crying. I was too! I couldn't even talk, I was crying so hard! Listening to certain songs, trigger the water works as well. My friend Beka recommended the movie, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, so I got it and cried the entire time. There isn't really a reason to cry the whole time, but I did. I am so glad that Ty isn't home for all of this, I can only imagine what he would think. This has been an interesting side of me to meet.
Another version of me that I have had to meet is the semi-lactose intolerant and has-a-super-sensitive-stomach Jill. Ask anyone who knows me, I love ice cream, can't get enough of it. And I have many times been nicknamed The Human Garbage Disposal because I will eat anything and any amount of it. Not so much right now. I am actually repulsed by anything super sweet and sugary (GASP, I know!) and I will feel uncomfortable the rest of the day if I have too much dairy. This is so foreign to me. And with this pregnancy, if I eat too much acidic or starchy foods, I have to lay down for the rest of the night because I don't feel well. I am starting to appreciate what happens to Ty when he eats anything that he is allergic to...its horrible! I crave broccoli, oranges, Rainbow sherbet, Cheerios (my father would be so proud) and red meat! Who is this person? But I can't get to comfortable with either one, next week there will be a new me to discover and to get used to and than it will start all over again! I am okay with this, I like meeting new people.
Oh and p.s. We find out on Valentine's Day what the sex of the baby is going to be. I am interested in what your vote is...are we having a pink baby or a blue baby? Let me know.

10 comments:

Beka said...

i vote HOT PINK! and i'm glad you watched that movie! its such a cute girly feel good movie! i cried the first time i watched it too..not the whole time:)are you coming up anytime soon? i really need a Jill-FIX! miss ya! I have lots of ice cream in my freezer:)

Christie said...

Valentine's day! Woo hoo!! Based on your food cravings I vote a boy. But hey, what do I know? Congrats!

And, speaking for all your friends who don't get to see you very often, I want to hear more about your pregnancy. I think you need to talk about it, that way you don't go crazy with all the weird things happening to your body. Therefore, I, Christie McMillan, commission you, Jill Manning, to update us frequently (ie. weekly) about your pregnancy and how you are feeling and etc. Was that a formal enough of a request?

jamie said...

that's exciting, Jill. :) and welcome to being pregnant. And please blog! not only will you appreciate what you wrote down the road, but your children will. Also, have you considered that you might have heartburn? I had heartburn from the second trimester all the way to the end. The minute Walker was born it went away. I had it so bad my doctor had to prescribe medicine. Something to consider. Can't wait for the next post of the new jill.

The Blakes said...

I agree with Christie...MORE blogging from Jill, please! It's the best way to keep tabs on how our favorite Yuma resident is doing. As for all of your pregnancy quirks, I can relate. I remember living on Tums and sticking to safe foods for what seemed like an eternity.

Ju said...

It's insane how often during a pregnancy everything seems to change. And you need to blog it!! All of us who have been through a pregnancy can relate, and enjoy hearing that you are just as insane as us :o) I too became very emotional and would SOB during movies, even animated movies... I couldn't watch movies with Jon home, it was too embarrassing! :o) I vote pink baby :o)

Delia D'Nell said...

I think team Manning needs a boy. They are adorable!

By the way...please share LOTS of baby news...I love hearing all about it!

The MacMizzles said...

OH my gosh, I can totally relate. For some reason if you are honest about what you are going through it means you are being negative or not enjoying it. I say cry when and where you need, it helps you bond with the baby. Change during pregnancy is something every woman experiences, and they are all beautiful changes, yet hard while going through them.

MY VOTE: BOY

Anonymous said...

Jill - I'm trying to respond, but there seems to be a problem. I will keep trying

Anonymous said...

Okay - I hope I found a solution to the problem. I have been trying to write a hundred times the following: I love reading your blogs and everyone elses. They are fun to read, so keep em comin (that's Kentucky talk). I'm glad to hear you aren't gaining tons of weight. It's so hard to lose later on. I only remember three words during my pregnancies - SICK, SICK, SICK 24/7, so I'm thrilled you don't have my genes in you. If you keep eating like Ty, our little "boy" (my vote) will be super healthy - Yeah for him. Can't wait to hear the news on Valentines' Day.

Anonymous said...

Just in case there is any confusion - the last two responses are from your mother.