Sunday, July 20, 2008

Already A Week Old!


Well, I figure it is time to update on our first week as mommy, daddy and daughter. My mom came into town last Tuesday and has been a huge, and I mean HUGE!!! help and I feel to blessed that she was able to come out. Since my hormones are not all together I try not to think that there will come a day (on the 24th) when she won't be here anymore and it will just be me and Elsie during the day. Luckily though, Elsie is a gem and is such a good little baby. Elsie and I were able to work together and figure out a feeding schedule that works for the both of us and so we are both happy and content...well more so Elsie because she gets to sleep all day. Ty is adjusting great, he is just waiting for the day when Elsie can laugh and smile at him but until then he is fine with putting his face right up to hers and making sure that she can see him.

Marley is adjusting as well. She is very gentle with her and will try to lick her head and feet but backs off when we tell her no. She isn't used to having to share our attention with anyone.

Elsie has already had her first bath and of course she hated it, I am not looking forward to her next one.

Overall, our first week was a success!

8 comments:

RatalieNose said...

aww Jilly I knew you'd be a FAN-FREAKING-TASITC MOM!!!!! Your whole family is sooo tender.

Brandon, Lesley, Drew and Carter said...

Jilly Bean, Elsie is so stinkin cute!! You did such a good job! I can't believe how much hair she has! So adorable! Congrats to you and Ty!!

Brimhall Designs said...

I didn't realize she has so much hair! What a cutie! Bath time is always a joy at this young age...but hopefully she will learn to like it.

Chelsea said...

Looks like she's working hard at developing some fine lungs! She looks so sweet, and I'm very happy for you guys!

Laurel said...

how do you not eat her up? seriously. SO SWEET. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

Ju said...

She is just too cute. Hang in there, the first two weeks take the most adjusting, hormones all over the place and getting use to all the cries and diaper changes and feedings... and trying to sleep. You'll survive :o) I'm glad your mom was able to come out and help!! Elsie is so adorable!!!

Alison said...

Jill... she is beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!

Christie said...

What great pictures. You really captured her "love" of the bath! She's gorgeous. Keep the pictures coming!