Saturday, July 5, 2008

If I have said it once...


I have said it a thousand times; when Anne Shirley talks about kindred spirits, she is really talking about having a really great hair dresser. I am convinced of it! Ask anyone who has searched and searched for that perfect hair dresser and has had to live through series of bad haircuts will tell you that once they find that perfect person, you never want to leave them or to have them leave you. You feel attached to them in some way, you can't fathom someone else even touching your hair.
I have found that kindred spirit, her name is Chelsea and she is in Mesa. She is a hair goddess and I knew that I would never find someone like her in Yuma and so that is why I would travel 6 hours round trip to go to her to get my hair done. But than gas prices got too high and there was no way I could get out to her and than with being prego it was getting to hard to sit in a car that long. But I needed my hair done before Elsie came because who knows when I will have a chance afterwards. So I took in a lot of recomendations and scouted out some people and I decided on this one girl. Let's just say, Chelsea you are still my kindred spirit and I will be calling you the second we get back into Mesa to do some major damage control!
The cut is okay, I can live with it but the color...oh my gosh, the color!! I went into the salon wanting this:

and came out (four hours later...FOUR HOURS FOLKS) getting this:

Okay, this may be an over dramatization but when I got home I told Ty, "I have orange hair" and he said (ever so sweetly), "No you doubt, its copper." "Like a penny? Great, now when you have to take pics of my at the hospital I am going to look like a swollen, fat cow with copper hair!" You have to understand, I am fanatical about my hair and I don't take bad color jobs or cuts very easily. Hence, my feelings about kindred spirits and hair dressers. You know what I mean right?

5 comments:

Laurel said...

yes, I know what you mean. Very few things are as hard as finding the right kindred spirit stylist. I mean, people say it's hard to climb mt. everest or have a child or create peace between Israel and Palestine...but really...this is hard. I get it.
(and hey, at least Elsie won't have copper hair!)

Beka said...

Just dont break a slate over Ty's head & hold a grudge forever when he calls you "carrots!":) i'm sure it doesnt look as bad as you think. Cant wait to see pics!!

Unknown said...

Jill, Jill, Jill I hope you are ok!!!! I am sure it is not that bad. Wait a couple days, and a couple washes later. You'll probably be fine.
You make me sound much better than I am.... You do have great hair to begin with!! Plus the whole experience and conversation make it much more fun than it would be with a total stranger. Can't wait to see you again!! And can't wait to see little ELSIE!!!!
love ya, Chelsea

Alison said...

Oh I'm so sorry! Copper... Oh...

And bless Ty for being so gentle!!!

michelle manning said...

Oh Jill, I know your pain! I'm sorry! Just remember that it really does always look worse to the actual person than it does to anyone else. Honestly people have liked things on me that I hated before & I have liked hair color/style on people that they didn't like at all. Red (copper) really does fade.