Christie I hope it is okay that I am stealing your idea for this post, like I said you are a girl after my own heart!
I have had several obsessions through my life. Some that I am proud of admitting and some I am not so proud! I won't tell you which is which, you can decide for yourself. 
But I think it all started with my best friend, Amy and our love for the movie Inner Space. We LOVED this movie! We would watch it and than play detective and try to capture the cowboy. We had personal Trapper Keepers that we would make notes in about the last Cowboy siting and listed all our clues about him. Silly, we were only 8 and 6 but it was fun. 
Than the years went by and it was all about Beverly Hills 90210. My friend Laurel and I would ride out bikes to the grocery store and buy Tiger Beat, Bop, Big Bopper, and Teen Bop and trade pictures of Dylan and Brendan. I wanted to look like Kelly Taylor so badly!!!! 
A pretty constant obsession throughout my life has been Diet Coke. But Mormon girl I know isn't? Lets me honest here! It has been a while since I have had a drink from the nectar of the gods but all in due time, once I'm done breastfeeding, I know exactly where I will be doing. 
And there no is no big surprise here, but aprons have just recently taken a huge place in my heart! The last few months of my pregnancy I quit wearing an apron because the last thing I wanted was another layer over me when I was standing over the stove cooking. It just too gosh darn hot! Believe me, I would loved to have worn the apron and forfeited the standing over the oven to cook part but I had a husband to feed. But I put on my most favorite apron yesterday to cook dinner and I felt whole again. I wanted to chop the carrots and celery and broccoli, I wanted to touch the raw chicken, I wanted to measure out the rice. I didn't mind it at all because I had my trusty apron on! If I have said it once, I have said it a million times, I heart Aprons! 
But the most recent of obsessions has got to be Twilight and the whole Twilight series. Yes, I check the twilight website for updates on the movie and watched both trailers over and over again when they were first released. I have read all three books many times (I won't give an exact number, its a little embarrassing). And I have been waiting not-so-patiently for the fourth book to come out, which is this Sat. I've been dying for it!!! When I can't take the waiting anymore, I whip out the first book and read my favorite parts to ease anticipation. Ty and I was planning a trip to WA to see his family and to see my BFF and to go to some pretty places in WA and I mentioned that we should go to Forks. I was half joking of course, but I really mean I was only half joking...if he would have agreed I would have worked it into the agenda without a problem! I'm 27 years old, a new mommy and I am a Twilight die hard, at least I am cool among the 14 year olds in my ward. SO here is to Sat, when Breaking Dawn comes out and to having a great little baby who can sleep a lot, which will give the amount of time I need to read the book and enjoy it. And to a mom that came and made enough meals to freeze and eat later because that is exactly what Ty will be having for dinner that day, I'll be too busy reading and drooling over my new book!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Obsessed Much?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
It was fun to read your obsessions. I should have worn your aprons while I was there preparing dinners - DARN IT!!! It would have been fun. I just didn't think about it until now. MOM
What fun is life without a few obsessions! I'm guilty of a few myself. I can't wait for you to come back - I just hope it's in our neighborhood!
Yes, I was in love with Dylan. I thought that scar in his eyebrow was so cute. Thanks for sharing your obsessions, now I don't feel like such a dork. Yes...where have you been all my life?! :)
Inner Space!! I love that movie!! It's so fun to hear about obsessions... it makes everyone feel a little better about themselves. :o) I wish I could be as excited for Saturday... but I have to pretend it doesn't come out until Tuesday... I preordered it and it won't get here until then... darn!! That just means I have to plug my ears on Sunday and try to avoid all my friends, they are going to Midnight party to get their copy tonight!!
Post a Comment