Thursday, July 3, 2008

July 11, 2008


Okay folks, this is the big, and I mean the HUGE day!!! I am scheduled a C-Section on this day and so now the countdown begins. This silly girl, she just won't budge and is still breech. We tried an ec version last week but it was unsuccessful and extremely painful. Ty was sad that I was in pain but he loved watching the ultrasound and seeing Elsie's spinal cord and ribs and watching the doctor put Elsie into some severe wrestling moves. She rotated really well at first but than her head found my liver and she decided that she was going to hide behind it so that we couldn't make her go somewhere she didn't want to go. That little stinker! The next two days were the worst I have had since morning sickness. It hurt to touch my tummy and it hurt whenever Elsie would move. My entire stomach was so bruised but it was an experience and now I have my own pregnancy story, YEAH!!!
It was kind of funny, when I got the hospital all the nurses were convinced that she wasn't going to be breech anymore and were making bets that the version wouldn't happen. They pulled out the ultrasound and sure enough there was her head, ramming right into my ribs. The best part is who she was sitting, she was sitting with her legs out and laying over my cervix and her head was upward, pretty much her waist was bent at a 90 degree angle. I could just see her sitting there with her arms folded defiantly and thinking, "I'm not moving! Go ahead and try but I am not moving!" I wonder if this is going to be any indication of what Elsie will be like...mmmm?
While I am not totally thrilled about having a c-section for my first, I do like knowing when the baby is coming. I do like having a dead line for when I need to have things done because I have a horrible habit of procrastinating and things would never get done before the baby comes. And I get to stay in the hospital for four days...YAHOO!!! Just imagine all the free stuff I can hoard while I am there for that long? So there you have it, that is the update and we getting very excited!

10 comments:

The Blakes said...

I'm sorry things didn't go as planned and that your stomach had to endure such trauma! What a stubborn little princess! But I'm not one for surprises either and knowing when she'll come is very exciting! I can't believe it's only 8 days away! Good Luck with your final preparations! As prepared as I thought we were, I still sent Trent to the store within hours of getting home. :) We love and miss you!

Delia D'Nell said...

sad that you were in pain and the bruising! But yay for being a mom in a week! Elsie sounds like her mom just a little. I can't wait to see her picture!

Alison said...

Every mom needs a pregnancy story... glad you survived yours! If you still have my email address, please send me your address. I have something I would like to send for Elsie! Have a happy week!!

Beka said...

YEA! I'm glad you have a date at least....and really, i guess i got lucky compared to some horror stories i've heard abt them, but i didnt think the c-section was all that bad, you dont tear at all and Make sure to get lots of drugs!!:)

Dawnelle Anderson said...

Did you have any pain medication during the turn? I don't know if I could have done mine without the epidural. I am excited for you to have your little girl. I love keeping in touch through blogs. Hope to see a picture of her soon

Laurel said...

Can't wait to hear all about new little Elsie.
You are in my prayers!

MeiLani and Michael said...

So exciting! I was bummed to remember that you live in Yuma, for some reason I was thinking Tucson and that we might be able to visit you this weekend- but no... you are that other border town. Well... next time we are in Yuma- we will keep you posted :)

Ju said...

Happy day to know when your little girl will be here!! That is very exciting!! I'm so sorry that they couldn't turn her and that you were all bruised though, ouch! I can't even imagine! I am now counting down until the 11th, and am going to be checking your blog very faithfully every day after that waiting for you you have the time and energy to post some pictures of your beautiful girl!! You are in our prayers!

XANA-DIVA-DELUX said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The MacMizzles said...

I cannot wait for you to meet your daughter, she will be beautiful I am sure. Good luck to you, and I will send all my positive energy your way.