Friday, July 25, 2008

We Heart Grandma!!


Well, it is official, the last safety net has left and I am on my own with a new baby! My mom came to visit for the last ten days and left yesterday and it was really hard to say goodbye!! It was so great to spend that time with her and to have her around. She helped out SOOOOO much with cleaning, cooking, loving Elsie, changing diapers and most of all, just giving me someone to talk to during the day. I was very adament about not having kids until my mom came home from her mission and I now know why (and Ty too) I felt so strongly about it! We had a blast playing games (sorry you never got to sing your special song Mom), trying to figure out Elsie together, going to doctor appointments (I have figured out where I get my love for people watching, my mom is just like me when I sit in crowded waiting rooms), lounging in our pj's until noon and just catching up.

I hadn't realized it but Ty has never seen my mom outside of the roll of a mission president's wife and he really loved having her here and getting to see her goofy, funny side (he says that he now knows where I get it from). I learned so much from my mom about taking care of a little baby and how to be a good mommy; not just from these last few days but throughout my whole life! Thanks mom for coming out and for being such a great mom and grandmother, Elsie is one lucky girl...as am I!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words. The visit was filled with fun, tender, sweet, exhausting (pidgeons to blame) and relaxing moments. I haven't stayed in my PJ's until noon in years!! What fun it was. It was so hard to leave. I still have hope my winning streak with games might return some day, but until then, the fun isn't in winning, it's in playing with people you love (and who let me rant and rave when I lose). I just can't help myself.

So, my observations about Ty and Jill Manning? They are going to be awesome parents!!!

Love MOM

Laurel said...

I love the pic of the 3 of you...can't wait to meet your little one...

and hang in there. give yourself time to adjust to your knew life!

Delia D'Nell said...

What 3 beautiful ladies! Jill you look so happy and so great after just having a baby. I can't wait to meet Elsie.

Henderson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.