Monday, July 14, 2008

Elinor Clair Manning


She's here!! After nine months, she is finally here!!! Ty and I are both totally in love with her and can't get enough of her!! I had my c-section on Friday and that was crazy...Ty didn't pass out, came close, but didn't do it, and I am so proud of him for that. While we were in the OR, he put his head down and I thought he was getting emotional and than he put his head up and he was so white and he said it was the combination of seeing Elsie all goopy and slimy and than he saw behind the curtain right afterwards and it was just a little too much for him. We were in the hospital until today and it was a great experience. The nurses there were phenomenal and it was kind of hard to leave their "safety net" but it feels really good to be home. Now onto recovery and getting to know our little Elsie.

She was born at 2:08 pm and measured in at:
7 lbs. 1 oz
21 1/4 in
and has the darkest brown mullet...which is only appropriate if you ask me. She is just so tiny and has the roundest head, just like her daddy did when he was born. We are working with each other when it comes to this whole nursing thing but I think we have the hang of it now (lets keep our fingers crossed). Ty can't stop looking at her and always has to be able to see her face; he is so smitten by her, it is adorable.

p.s. Not that it is important right now, but did you notice that my copper hair is gone? I had the girl fix it and I am so glad that she did, I would have died having to post pics of Elsie with her coppered haired mommy.

20 comments:

RatalieNose said...

OH JILL SHE IS TENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU AND SOOOOO GLAD IT WENT SO WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give her a hug from me!!!!!

Ju said...

I am so glad things went well!! Elsie is just so precious!! Such a beautiful baby! And a beautiful little family!! Can't wait to see more of this cute little girl!!!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! I have been thinking of you all weekend. I am so glad things went well. Elsie is beautiful just like her mommy. Good luck I know you will do great. And your hair looks very cute.

jamie said...

Elsie is gorgeous, daddy made it without fainting and mommy's hair is perfect. What more could you ask for! See you tomorrow - MOM

Angela said...

She is really so cute. I wish I could hold her. Here's to recovery and enjoying your little bundle. Congrats!

The Blakes said...

She's beautiful! I thought for sure she'd be at least 2 feet long right off the bat...close enough! Enjoy the miracle of it all and post lots of pictures often! We love you and miss you!

Dawnelle Anderson said...

Jill, She is so beautiful and you look good. I am glad things went well for you. Congrats.

jamie said...

she's beautiful!! I wish I could be there as well. Please keep your blog updated for us far away family. :) We love you!

Laurel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Jake had his little Carson this weekend too...glad to see the family is growing w/ or w/o me!

LOVE YOU!

michelle manning said...

Jill! It is so good to read your thoughts after seeing all the pics on the family website. I'm so glad you guys are doing well! Good job!!!!!!!!!

Delia D'Nell said...

Jill, Elsie is beautiful! I am glad all three of you are doing well! You look amazing for having just had a baby. I am so excited for you to be a mom!

I can't wait to meet little Elsie!

I love you!

Beka said...

Jill, she is so adorable! you look so good, only as Jill would of course right after she has her baby! cant wait to meet her in real life! CONGRATS to you and TY!

Christie said...

Whoo hoo!! Wecome Elsie. She is so beautiful! Congratulations Ty and Jill. You do look fabulous Jill. I can't wait to see more pictures of her!

Stacey said...

Yeah!!! I kept checking to see if you had posted anything yet. So glad that everything went okay and she is just a doll!!! So beautiful. We are so happy for you. And yes, your hair looks great!!! Few, now you don't have to dread looking at the delivery pictures. :)

The MacMizzles said...

Congratulations Jill, Tyler and Elinor. What a beautiful family you make. MOOAH!

Susan said...

Yay!! Congrats!! She is just so sweet and beautiful!!

Elaine said...

Congratulations from Uncle Brent and Aunt Larrie. What a beautiful FAMILY! Love to all of you!

Kim said...

Hooray JILLY!! I am so excited! i have been waiting for this post! I am so happy for you! GOOD LUCK! MISS YOU, LOVE YOU!

Jake said...

Jill, Long time no see... Nice to see we have a little something more in common as cousins - babies born a day a part. It is wonderful, and she is a gorgeous little girl. Congrats!

Scot and Jenny said...

Hi Jill! This is your long lost roommate Jenny from FOREVER ago! Hopefully you remember me otherwise I am just some crazy lady on your blog! We lived together in Royal Crest with Kiley and Mitzi and Lindsay...Good TIMES! Anyway, Congratulations on your new baby. She is beautiful! That is so exciting and I am happy for you. You can see us at www.scotandjenny.blogspot.com