Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Memories

I have seen this on a few blogs and I think it is a cute idea! If you want to play along, feel free to, I would love to hear from you all!

1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember! If we're only blogging friends, write about a post that is the most memorable for you.

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll be sure to write one about you...!

3. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. And please do this on your page, too, so we can all share in the fun times together. :)

15 comments:

Ju said...

One of my favorite memories (out of the very very many) is when we got a sugar high off of sugarless gum... after play poker. Those pictures still crack me up!!

Jill Manning said...

A mother's memory (one of many but the most recent): sitting at your computer and watching you nurse little Elsie and seeing you love and nurture her so tenderly.

Jill Manning said...

The last post was from your mom if you couldn't guess

Oh, one more very recent funny memory: watching together this afternoon on your computer Justin Timberlake's EPSY performances. That brought back some earlier great memories.

RatalieNose said...

OH JILLY WHERE TO BEGIN!!!!! SOOOO MANY GOOD TIMES WHEN YOU WERE IN THE WARD but I think I can narrow it down to MULLETRON and GIRLS CAMP!!!!!! BOTH YEARS!!! Like the night that you kept farting so NONE of us could sleep hahaha!!!! And just talking to you makes me feel so good about myself we really are "kindred spirits" despite the age difference! I love you and miss you SOOOO MUCH!!

Beka said...

There are so many and i'm so glad many more to come: from the many FHE eternal lessons learned while watching One tree hill to the many rip-roarin game nights!!

Chelsea said...

I remember that one night where you did some crazy cheerleader-worthy jump kick, but landed all weird, tearing all sorts of stuff in your knee.
And you came inside to your room, making some kind of hullabaloo, and a certain roommate of yours sat up in bed, yelled, "SHUT UP!!!" and layed back down. I'm glad she did Tai Chi in the morning to calm herself. ;)
And then you came to the hospital with me to get it X-rayed, and they said nothing was wrong.
Wouldn't that suck to be living there permanently, and you'd just have to live with a torn knee ligament for the rest of your life?
That trip gave me all sorts of appreciation for modern, Western medicine.

Christie said...

I remember when we did that 5k for the stake at Riverview park and you and Marley and Cade and I walked it together. It was great because we were really able to get to know each other (remember Pres. Lewis lapped us??). I can't wait for you to come back!

Anderson Family said...

I remember your wedding. Good food and a very nice location!

Missy said...

I remember you trying to learn to do a headstand with Whitney! Such a funny night.

Missy said...

I thought of another memory of you. I remember our first FHE with Curtis's apt. That first night you said you thought Curtis was cute. I am glad you moved onto thinking someone else was cute, who knows what I would have ended up doing with me life!

Scot and Jenny said...

Four words...The Scary School House! Ahhhh!

Stephanie said...

Jill, I have one word for you...BOOM...need I say more:)

The Blakes said...

I have way to many memories to just pick one. Like my 4 month old baby pooping all over you during a round of Settlers, listening to your tv/movie character crushes, watching Anne of Green Gables, and talking about our favorite books. Come back already, you've been gone long enough!

Alison said...

One of my favorite memories... and this will age me among your other friends and their posts... is when you and Ty insisted on babysitting all of our kids so Phil and I could have a date night out without any kids. At the time, our 7th baby had just arrived and two of our little girls were very clingy and didn't do well with babysitters. You were both troopers... AND my two little clingy girls fell madly in love with both of you!

Delia D'Nell said...

Jill, where to start? Oh yeah, remember that one time when we were in China and we bought zippy underwear and you wore them with boxing gloves? Good times. Also, remember hiding on Dean's Veranda for the best prank ever and then it turned out to be horrible as we were caught out there listening to a private head teachers meeting?

Remember all the sleepovers in the Sarah's room? Playing Uno and Kiley getting so mad because we loved being mean to each other? Good times.

Remember the last CIRCLE reunion before you went on your mission in Provo? You looked so happy to start serving the Lord. You were and still are an inspiration to me.

Love you!