Friday, June 15, 2007

Farewell Bob Barker



Well, in honor of Bob Barker's last taping of The Price is Right, I have to dedicate a blog to Barker Man himself. My friends and I went to a taping of the Price is Right back in 2004 and it was a blast. We ended up spending the night on the streets of LA in order to get a ticket onto the show. While we were there, we met the craziest Canadians ever who just added to the experience. We got there at about 3 in the morning and taping didn't start until about 1 pm and so to stay awake I drank one too many Red Bulls and because of this I was absolutely out of control in line. I guess it paid off because I got called onto Contenstent (sp?) Row at the very beginning but never actually made it past that. At one point during the commercial break I asked Bob if I could give him a kiss on the check and he said, "Not now, but meet me out back after the show." He is a dirty man who wears too much make up and spends too much time in the tanning booth. I got a signed picture of Bob for being on the show plus one of those trailers that you stick on the back of your bike and put your kids in, two water bottles, a really ugly gold clock and two helmets. But because I didn't have my Social Security card I only walked away with the picture. That is okay though because I don't know what I would've done with the other stuff. It was a blast and if anyone wants to watch the episode that I was on, I have a copy of it and it is a hoot because you can tell immediately that I have no idea how to play the game! So hats off to Bob Barker and 50 years of Plinko, the Wheel, the Barker Beauties, reminders to spayed and neuter our pets, and the showcase showdown! Can't wait to see who will replace him, if that is even possible!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

My friends and I did the same thing when I was at BYU. And my best friend was on the showcase showdown. We had a lot of fun, but Barker was in a bad mood that day. Every time we went to commercial, he'd tell us how much we sucked as an audience because no contestants were winning anything. Needless to say, my idealistic view of Barker, changed from that day on. He really does wear sooooo much makeup too!!! P.S. Have you watched the Letterman video with Barker's Top 10? It's kinda funny. :)

Beka said...

you crazy girl, so danny's aunt won a ton of prizes on Price is Right, and then the movers robbed her:(