
So I was thinking today about some of my favorite tv shows while I was watching the season finale of Dawsons Creek. I never watched the show growing up but TBS has been running reruns and I watched the season finale today and I have to admit, it made me a little tearied eyed. And I was trying to think, what was I watching instead of Dawsons Creek when I was younger and I sure do remember loving Beverly Hills 90210. I remember my friend Laurel and I waiting in aniticpation for 90210 night so that we could drool over Brandon and Dylan. We would go to the grocery store and by those teenie bopper magazines and swap pictures of them to hang on our walls. Than there was a bit of a dry spell but than along came Roswell on the WB every Monday night. 
My best friend Lesley and I would rush over to our apartment after FHE (whether it was done or not) for Roswell night and everyone knew that they had to speak in a whisper while we were watching it because we didn't want to miss a single word (even though we were taping it and would watch it several times to get us through the week until the new episode). We were in love with Max and couldn't get enough of Max and Liz. Now that was a great show!

Than after the mission was The O.C. My roomates and I would get together every Thursday night for Thursday Night O.C./Pizza Night. We would order pizza from Craigos (a dinasty in Rexburg) and watch a show that could rival 90210 in drama. 
Now it One Tree Hill every Wed night. My friend Beka helped me get into and before I knew it, every Wed night I head over to her house after mutual and we each grab a baby (she has twins) and we watch One Tree Hill. The thing that makes this shiow a little different from the other shows, we end up laughing our heads off over some of the things that happen and the fact that our husbands will watch it with us and will add their own little comments and will voice over the actors voices makes it hilarious! Beka has been so nice to order the first season (which we missed) on netflix and letting me borrow it from her when she is done with the dvd. Thanks a bunch Beka! Those dvd's will help with passing the time until the next season starts! Can't wait!
I think you can see the pattern in the type of shows I tend to become obsessed with (I have just a few quilty pleasures). But now that the season is over, I don't have a night to look forward to. But....and this is a big BUT...Ty and I are changing cable networks and so we are getting 140 more channels which means that we are getting the Soap network and than I can watch 90210, The O.C. and Roswell everyday if I want! YAHOO!
Friday, June 15, 2007
History of Television!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
5:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Oh yea, 90210...I LOVED that show, but I had to sneak to watch it because my parents didn't approve of it at the time. I was in love with Dylan. That scar above his eye, in his eyebrow...I just thought that was the hot.
Post a Comment