
I love it when people ask me, "If you could meet anybody from history who would it be?" There are so many people that I immediately think of and some are pretty obvious...like relatives, church history people. But here are some of my other favorites; Louisa May Alcott (wrote Little Women), Bernini (my favorite sculptor), George Washington, Martin Luther King Jr. and I think my newest person is Margaret Bourke-White! She was the first female photojournalist for the U.S. military. She was the top photojournalist for Life magazine and she is amazing. I have read part of her autobiography and she lived an amazing life and did extrodinary things with her talent. Here are some of her photos, some you may recognize and others are just amazing. She would go into the steel mills in Chicago and take photos and they would come out absolutely beautiful, she would ride along in bomber planes during WWII, the first woman to do so, so that she could capture war pictures. She was the first to take pictures of the concentration camps, she was in the Kremlin when Russia was getting bombed but wouldn't evacuate because she was using the basement as the dark room to develope a unique photo of Stalin smiling. I am bidding on her autobiography on ebay because it has been discontinued but she is an amazing writer and it is amazing to read about her life and adventures. I would love to hear them all in person. 

Monday, June 11, 2007
My Favorite Question to Ponder
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
10:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Wow, She sounds like an amazing woman! Thank you for sharing...I think I will check out her autobiography from the Library! Thanks!
I had heard her name before, but didn't really know who she was...thanks for telling us about her. She sounds like an amazing woman. I love empowering women stories.
Post a Comment