It was General Conference weekend and I am always looking for ways to stay busy while I am listening to the talks so that I don't fall asleep and I decided to make up some thank you cards that I am been meaning to send out. It was a lot of fun. I was able to spend a day with my amazing friend DNell right before I moved and she gave me some fun ideas for making cards and I wanted to put some of those things into action and this is what I came up with. If you are as big of a fan of Amy Butler as I am, you have to check out her scrapbooking supplies that she has with K&Company which you can find at Joanns and Michaels, everything is just as amazing as her fabric and patterns. Anyways, I just wanted to post some of the card I made because I love how they turned out. The creative gods were with me this weekend! 



With these last two, I put a little pocket on the front that had a separate little card inserted in it. I just thought that was a fun touch, a card within a card. And I really just wanted an excuse to use some ribbon that I found at Target for a dollar. Yep, six spools of ribbon for a dollar, I couldn't believe it! 

Remember Maria Van Trapp singing about some of her favorite things, such as, ribbons and buttons? Okay so maybe she didn't sing about those things specifically, but she should have added them to her list of things, they are so fun to work with and add the perfect touch!
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Fun With Cards!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
oh my gosh! Those are the cutest cards ever, they definately put my cards to shame! I love the craft room and am slightly jealous! Also, I am really glad you are back!
Very creative! I love them. Look at you...is there anything you can't do?
Post a Comment