Monday, October 29, 2007

A Story About Marley the Dog!

Yesterday I heard Marley outside barking but it was a bark I hadn't really heard before and I thought, "Oh know, she got stung by a scorpion!" So I went outside to our side gate and saw Marley all tense and very focused on something in the corner. I got closer and this is what I saw.

This was a baby pigeon that has been living in our eeves since we moved it and he/she fell out but can't fly yet and so has been stuck in this corner until Marley found it. Marley was so curious and it was cool to see her natural instincts kick in.

I kind of felt bad for the bird because it couldn't fly away and escape Marley's barking but at the same time, I was just excited that it wasn't in our eaves anymore...they were making such a mess! And than the bird did try to make a run for it and that was hilarious...its wings were spread out but he just ran around and away but couldn't fly and Marley was right on top of it but wouldn't bite it (thank goodness) and just loved having something to chase. That poor bird, Marley was not going to leave it alone.

Ty and I eventually corralled the bird through our fence and into the front yard and wished it luck and hoped that a cat wouldn't get to it. And sure enough, the bird was still walking around our front yard this morning...I sure it learns to fly soon, I don't want to see a dead bird in our front yard anytime soon.

Marley the Dog and the pigeon! I can't believe how close that pigeon let Marley get to it and that Marley would get so close to it and not try to kill it.

2 comments:

KAT said...

I am surprised your dog didn't hurt the bird. Good luck to the bird.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with Marley. What a gentle dog (or clueless?) I'll go with kind and gentle.