Wow, where do I begin? We finally got our internet hooked up last night at like 10pm and I am realizing how much life goes on without when you completely disconnected from the world. Thank you to everyone for your phone calls and emails (which I got last night and was so thrilled to read), I was starting to feel like when you move to Yuma you end up in the middle of the Bermuda Triangle and lose all connection to the outside world. The move was good, and we are settled into our little love nest! I think the first few days Marley and I were unsure with what to do with all the extra space, she couldn't sit still and was smelling everything and I had to remind myself that we had two extra bedrooms to put everything, I didn't have to cram all our stuff into our bedroom and kitchen. We surely being spoiled right now and I love it! Here is a picture of my craft room, I wish that I could paint and really make it my own but I don't think the people we are renting from would appreciate it too much.
**Sidenote, the calendar that is the right of the window was my Grandma Brimhall's and I have been dying to find a place to hang it in my house so that I can use and I am just tickled to death that it is in my craft room...it is actually the appropriate place for it seeing that I would love to have my quilts be a beautiful as her's!
I have already been crafty crafterson in here but I had to put everything on hold until I got access to the internet, so now I can get back into the swing of things and create, create, create! I scoped out the local quilts shops and when I asked if they had any Amy Butler or Michael Miller, the old lady said to me, "Oh, that's the funky colored fabric huh? No hon, we don't carry that stuff here." Apparently, the older generation doesn't care for the colors and designs that I am love with, good thing for the internet!
We met our next door neighbors the night we moved in and they are an older couple who are actually in our ward but they were taking off the next morning for a month long road trip in their rv. She was kind enough to tell me that she found a rattle snake in her pool earlier that day and that the jar on her driveway was housing a little scorpion that she found. As you can imagine, I was just thrilled to hear all this. Than Ty and I were sitting on our back porch taking in that we have grass and crickets were all over the place and and I looked at a spider web on the house and there was a huge black widow. Again, as you can imagine, I was back in the house with the doors locked in no time. Than the other night I was outside again (with considerable amount of space between me and the black widow) watching hundred of bats fly in and out of the trees. I couldn't believe how many bats there were, they are everywhere at night, but I say, "Keep the bats, Down with the spiders, crickets and scorpions!"
Now it is time for the job hunting to begin, wish me luck! Hopefully Yuma has more to offer than being a border patrol agent...seeing that is the only job listing I have found, gotta love Yuma!
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
WHEW!!!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
1:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Welcome back to the internet world, and say hello to all the Yuma critters - glad they're in your yard and not ours. You'll learn to tolerate them I'm sure. Working as a border patrol will at least look clever on your resume. You just might have some heroic tales to tell (or embellish).
So glad to have you back. I think I love bats now, since they get rid of all the nasty bugs and they're cool to watch fly around, just don't let me see their face...eww! We'll pray you find a job, but like mom said, it could make for some good stories. :)
Oh good...you guys are okay! We all figured that your internet wasn't up yet. I'm so happy for you that you have a craft room. I do feel a twinge of envy...but then figure that you deserve it since you are in Yuma with the bats and scorpions and rattle snakes and, worst of all, black widows!! Oh my! Anyway, you are missed and we can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.
I don't think I'll ever get my own craft room...maybe a closet! It will be a haven for you to come home to after a long days work...whenever that starts!
Wow... it sounds like Halloween has reached Yuma. Welcome back Jill I was afraid that that the world was flat and dropped off right befor eyou reached Yuma.... that would explain for the long silence. We miss you so much!!
thanks for the update!! I was wondering where you went off too..perhaps the black hole. I know it's been so weird not seeing or talking with you! You are missed! It's good to have you back. see you soon.
Post a Comment