![]()
Holy cow, I am so frustrated right now and I just have to blog about it. So, I have decided with all my little crafts projects that I have done for Halloween that when I am established enough to decorate my house all crazy for Halloween and I want most of my decorations to be centered around candy corn, I mean what a fun token of the holiday right? So to get me on the right foot, I made my candy corn banner. At the time that I made it, we didn't have the internet so I had to guess on what order the colors went on candy corn but than I remembered that I had some fabric that had little candy corn on it and so I looked and it had white on top, yellow in the middle and orange on the bottom. Sweet, that is what I did. But for a week now I have been looking at my banner and thinking, "Somthing isn't right, what it is it?"
Than, I painted a terra cotta pot to look like candy corn last night and I have been looking at it all morning and thinking, "Something isn't right with this either." With a little search on the Internet i discover that on both project I reversed the yellow and the orange! That little piece of fabric led me astray and now I am stuck with these projects that don't look at all like what I want them to and I don't have the materials, motivation or money right now to do them over. I mean, I you don't seen Martha Stewart or anyone on the DIY channel make such stupid mistakes. GRRRRRR!!!! I was getting so happy with myself for actually starting projects and finishing them and getting my house (if not at least my little island in the kitchen, seeing that is what I am decorating) all decked out for Halloween, my favorite holiday! That blasted little pot took forever too because I had to put on like 100 coats of paint to keep the terra cotta from showing through! Did anyone else notice that the colors were switched on the banner? Is this something that I need to do over or can I get away with it until I am ready to tackle it again? The pot, well, I don't want to post a picture of it because I am a embarrassed, but the paint and the pot only cost 3 dollars so I think I am re-do it...later, not when I feel like throwing the pot against our brick wall.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
I give up!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
8:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Jill, all I can say is "God's Amy" - it's cute and it's a sweet little mess up & your grandkids will smile as they tell stories about their funny grandma who made life interesting. Embrace your unique candy corn, God's Amy! Embrace it!
Jill, I wouldn't redo it. It was cute and I didn't even notice! I loved it! Embrace the uniqueness!
I didn't notice and I don't think anyone knows the order. Are you sure they look that bad? I am betting they are great and no one will ever know you got the order wrong. I want to see the pots too!
i didn't notice either. I say keep it and if next year you still want to rip it up, make a new one. But for now, keep your sanity and love it, because it's really cute. :) and I agree i want pics of the pots.
I didn't even notice it either. I think it looks great! And I'm sure your pots do too.
Post a Comment