With the big move looming over my head this last month, I completely forgot to blog about one of the greatest Aron Nights in recorded history. So it was a triple feature actually, it was Thursday Night Apron Night, than we were celebrating our friend Beka's birthday and saying "Farewell" to me. About 10 of us got together and each made a delicious pot luck meal. I mean seriously, everyone made something so delicious, I couldn't move after having to eat a little bit of everything and than I had to keep going from a little to a little bit more. It was just lot of laughing and enjoying each other's company and eating really good food. Than it was time to celebrate Beka's birthday with a little birthday cake. I have been dying to make this cake for something and Christie was kind enough to remind of that so this was my first attempt making the cake. I posted the recipe for it a while back on the blog and let me tell you, it is was delicious! I can't say it was because of anything I did, it just was. I mean what to do you expect when you combine oreos, whip cream, cream cheese and a chocolate cake along with a chocolate glaze...now you know what I mean? And, I had a birthday candle that I bought years ago in China that I have been dying to use also. I bought about 8 of these candles while I was there because they are the coolest candles in the world, and you are about to see why. So here we (me, Emily, Kim and the birthday girl, Beka) getting ready to light the fuse (yes, this candle comes with a fuse).
We were all waiting for something to happen and than I started thinking maybe it was so old that it didn't work anymore and that made me start to feel embarrassed because I had spent so much time ranting and raving about this candle and than BAM, the fireworks went off! 
**Sorry Beka that i had to post this picture, but it really truly one of the best action shots of all time!
The candle totally shot off a blow torch type flame with little sparklers and lit all these littler candles that were inside the flower and than the flower blooms and it starts to play music. Do you see what I mean by being one of the greatest candles in the world and why I bought eight of them, I had to share this with others. You know like Christopher Columbus when he "discovered" the America's, he had to tell someone about it, that was my feeling about this candle! 
Once the smoke and flames settled, we were able to enjoy the cake and the amazing BTS cake that Kim made and that was when we were officially loving life! Than the sugar set in and the party really started, at least for a few of us. Here are some pics of the original Apronistas (here in Mesa anyways) in all their glory! 

**I love this picture because finally, I didn't have to be the angel that was in the back with her arms up in the air. Because I am always the tallest one in the group, I am always that angel and now I got to be a different one this time. I was really excited about this! Thanks girls for letting me try something new!
And here are some pics of our ultra-dedicated Apronistas who have quickly become regulars every Thursday! 

So there you go, know you can see why I had such a hard time accepting this move. I was going to be leaving all these fun, crazy, out of control, apron loving, good cooking and good looking friends! You all rock! See you in a few weeks!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
I can't believe a I forgot this!
Posted by
Jill Manning
at
9:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
how lucky is she.. those candles are the best. WE need to find those online - what is the name of them?
Also, some of the pictures aren't showing up.
Do you which ones aren't showing up?
I only can see the ones where you are lighting the candle and then the classic shocked look with the candle in full flame. That one is great!!!!! I would love to see the other three.
I'm on it...I think I know the problem!
Jill thanks for recapping a totally fun night!! That was a blast. I can't remember the last time I ate so much or laughed so hard... oh wait. I guess that would have been the week before. We always have the best times.
Post a Comment