Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My Reward!

All day yesterday was spend looking around for a shop and turning in applications and resumes and today was spent by the phone and by my email waiting to hear back from everyone. After a few hours I started to go a little crazy and needed to do something to occupy my mind, therefore, I made an apron...I mean what else would you expect me to do? Here is the final product!

And while I sew, I have to have a movie on or the t.v. and since Yuma doesn't have the basic t.v. stations (ie. NBC, CBS, Fox, CW, ect) I have to watch my t.v. from the Internet and got caught up on my Office, Grey's Anatomy, Dancing With The Stars and my new favorite show, Pushing Daisies. So needless to say, I was kept very busy and very entertained. Can you believe I got this material at Joanns for $1.50/yard? It is so soft too, almost like flannel but still a little bit more cotton-y, I love it!

And your eye's have not deceived you, that is the notorious candy corn pot in my hands. I put on the final coat today as well and had to show it off with my new apron. I have been looking around at everything candy corn (and so have my friends) and I have come to the conclusion that there is no right or wrong way to color candy corn, as long as the white is at the tip! Good night nurse, I find this out after I re-painted the blasted thing, but it is super cute and I am going to go get Tootsie Rolls to fill it up with to look like dirt and than do this ghost lollipops that my sister posted on her blog and stick them in the pot...actually, I probably won't seeing that I am the only one who will eat every last lollipop and Tootsie Roll in the pot in my house. But for now it will be my container for when the little goblins come knocking my on my door on Halloween. I can't wait!

I love Halloween!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling apron, darling Halloween pot!! Hope you hear about a job soon. Something will happen - it always does.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beka said...

i love the apron Jill, super cute...its one of my favorites of yours! and i love the pot too...i so wish i had a crafty bone like you!

Angela said...

I love the apron and the candy corn pot. So, cute! Good job, oh, crafty one!

jamie said...

ditto what everyone is saying. both are so cute. I'm going to have to remember the pot for next year, it turned out so cute.

Delia D'Nell said...

That apron is SO ADORABLE!